Rolling reboot on logon

August 14, 2005 2:56:01 PM

Hello,

Since the last couple of days, every time I log on to WinXP Pro, within
seconds, it reboots.

I disabled autoreboot on system errors, and saw the Blue Screen STOP error:

BAD_POOL_HEADER
*** STOP: 0x00000019 (0x00000020, 0x86BBDD88, 0x0A210001)

I haven't recently installed or upgraded any device drivers.

Another interesting point: If I create new temporary users, then I can log
on for the first time as that user, I get a "System has recovered from a
serious error" message, but can keep working.

The next time I use that temporary user to log on, I'm back to the blue
screens reboots.

Any ideas?

Thanks

More about : rolling reboot logon

Anonymous
August 14, 2005 4:30:02 PM

Here's some articles on it:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/libr...
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/libr...
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;892260
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;164409
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/archive/winntas/suppor...
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/archive/winntas/suppor...

Basically, what you need to do is to 1) check to make sure that your
hardware and drivers are compatible with Windows XP and 2) make sure that
your system is specifications are what's required for Windows XP.

You can use the command sigverif.exe to check the signature on the files in
your Drivers sub-directory (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q244617/), and
you can use this page to check your specifications out:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/upgrading/sysreq...

!