Rolling reboot on logon

Hello,

Since the last couple of days, every time I log on to WinXP Pro, within
seconds, it reboots.

I disabled autoreboot on system errors, and saw the Blue Screen STOP error:

BAD_POOL_HEADER
*** STOP: 0x00000019 (0x00000020, 0x86BBDD88, 0x0A210001)

I haven't recently installed or upgraded any device drivers.

Another interesting point: If I create new temporary users, then I can log
on for the first time as that user, I get a "System has recovered from a
serious error" message, but can keep working.

The next time I use that temporary user to log on, I'm back to the blue
screens reboots.

Any ideas?

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about rolling reboot logon

    Here's some articles on it:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/ddtools/hh/ddtools/BCCodes_41b509a7-4580-4fd8-b22d-28248e000e32.xml.asp
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/w2kmsgs/1140.asp
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/w2000Msgs/1140.asp
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;892260
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;164409
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/archive/winntas/support/ent424.mspx
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/archive/winntas/support/advtshoot/ent424.mspx

    Basically, what you need to do is to 1) check to make sure that your
    hardware and drivers are compatible with Windows XP and 2) make sure that
    your system is specifications are what's required for Windows XP.

    You can use the command sigverif.exe to check the signature on the files in
    your Drivers sub-directory (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q244617/), and
    you can use this page to check your specifications out:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/upgrading/sysreqs.mspx

    "Bhavesh" wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Since the last couple of days, every time I log on to WinXP Pro, within
    > seconds, it reboots.
    >
    > I disabled autoreboot on system errors, and saw the Blue Screen STOP error:
    >
    > BAD_POOL_HEADER
    > *** STOP: 0x00000019 (0x00000020, 0x86BBDD88, 0x0A210001)
    >
    > I haven't recently installed or upgraded any device drivers.
    >
    > Another interesting point: If I create new temporary users, then I can log
    > on for the first time as that user, I get a "System has recovered from a
    > serious error" message, but can keep working.
    >
    > The next time I use that temporary user to log on, I'm back to the blue
    > screens reboots.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks

Windows XP