  • Support
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
August 16, 2005 12:51:55 AM

Switch User from Limited Account to Administrative Account having problem.

When I clicked on the Administrative Account I cannot type the password on
the password typing space, no cursor blinking. So again I log in to the
Limited Account and return to the Administrative Account again this time it
has no problem. Sometimes it has no problems but most of the time it has
problem.

Looking for your help. Please help me.

Regards,

Wishy

More about : switch user

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 12:51:56 AM

Try setting the correct date on your clock. You are a day ahead.

http://www.visi.com/~barr/timezone.html

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:u16gLFQoFHA.2156@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
Wishy <wishy@poorman.com> hunted and pecked:
> Switch User from Limited Account to Administrative Account having problem.
>
> When I clicked on the Administrative Account I cannot type the password on
> the password typing space, no cursor blinking. So again I log in to the
> Limited Account and return to the Administrative Account again this time
> it has no problem. Sometimes it has no problems but most of the time it
> has problem.
>
> Looking for your help. Please help me.
>
> Regards,
>
> Wishy
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 12:51:56 AM

Double-click on the time in your system tray, select Internet Time and be
sure "Automatically synchronize with an Internet tiem server" is checked.

Try running system file checker. Only do this if you have your XP CD handy:

RUN, SFC /SCANNOW

"Wishy" <wishy@poorman.com> wrote in message
> Switch User from Limited Account to Administrative Account having problem.
>
> When I clicked on the Administrative Account I cannot type the password on
> the password typing space, no cursor blinking. So again I log in to the
> Limited Account and return to the Administrative Account again this time
> it has no problem. Sometimes it has no problems but most of the time it
> has problem.
>
> Looking for your help. Please help me.
>
> Regards,
>
> Wishy

August 16, 2005 12:51:57 AM

Setting correct date will not solve this problem. Wes Vogal is talking rubbish (as always). He hasn't got anything better to do today.

The only thing that will solve the problem is to to try using different operating system!!!!

You could try free/cheap phones here:

http://www.skype.com

Wesley Vogel wrote:

> Try setting the correct date on your clock. You are a day ahead.
>
> http://www.visi.com/~barr/timezone.html
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:u16gLFQoFHA.2156@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
> Wishy <wishy@poorman.com> hunted and pecked:
> > Switch User from Limited Account to Administrative Account having problem.
> >
> > When I clicked on the Administrative Account I cannot type the password on
> > the password typing space, no cursor blinking. So again I log in to the
> > Limited Account and return to the Administrative Account again this time
> > it has no problem. Sometimes it has no problems but most of the time it
> > has problem.
> >
> > Looking for your help. Please help me.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Wishy
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 12:51:57 AM

Hello Nick,

Thank you for your advice.

Regards,

Wishy

"Nick Blinow" <nblinow@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> Double-click on the time in your system tray, select Internet Time and be
> sure "Automatically synchronize with an Internet tiem server" is checked.
>
> Try running system file checker. Only do this if you have your XP CD
> handy:
>
> RUN, SFC /SCANNOW
>

> "Wishy" <wishy@poorman.com> wrote in message
>> Switch User from Limited Account to Administrative Account having
>> problem.
>>
>> When I clicked on the Administrative Account I cannot type the password
>> on the password typing space, no cursor blinking. So again I log in to
>> the Limited Account and return to the Administrative Account again this
>> time it has no problem. Sometimes it has no problems but most of the time
>> it has problem.
>>
>> Looking for your help. Please help me.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Wishy

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 12:51:58 AM

Now why didn't I think of phones? That way you can call and get the correct
time.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:73E6C90E.A867644C@newsgroups.com,
My Name <my.email@newsgroups.com> hunted and pecked:
> Setting correct date will not solve this problem. Wes Vogal is talking
> rubbish (as always). He hasn't got anything better to do today.
>
> The only thing that will solve the problem is to to try using different
> operating system!!!!
>
> You could try free/cheap phones here:
>
> http://www.skype.com
>

> Wesley Vogel wrote:
>>
>> Try setting the correct date on your clock. You are a day ahead.
>>
>> http://www.visi.com/~barr/timezone.html
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:u16gLFQoFHA.2156@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
>> Wishy <wishy@poorman.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> Switch User from Limited Account to Administrative Account having
>>> problem.
>>>
>>> When I clicked on the Administrative Account I cannot type the password
>>> on the password typing space, no cursor blinking. So again I log in to
>>> the Limited Account and return to the Administrative Account again this
>>> time it has no problem. Sometimes it has no problems but most of the
>>> time it has problem.
>>>
>>> Looking for your help. Please help me.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Wishy
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 12:51:58 AM

This is the third time I have this problem of the Date and Time. I have no
idea what is wrong with my machine, last time it was June 2003.

Still having problem of Switch User.

Regards,

Wishy

"My Name" <my.email@newsgroups.com> wrote in message
> Setting correct date will not solve this problem. Wes Vogal is talking
> rubbish (as always). He hasn't got anything better to do today.
>
> The only thing that will solve the problem is to to try using different
> operating system!!!!
>
> You could try free/cheap phones here:
>
> http://www.skype.com
>

> Wesley Vogel wrote:
>>
>> Try setting the correct date on your clock. You are a day ahead.
>>
>> http://www.visi.com/~barr/timezone.html
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:u16gLFQoFHA.2156@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
>> Wishy <wishy@poorman.com> hunted and pecked:
>> > Switch User from Limited Account to Administrative Account having
>> > problem.
>> >
>> > When I clicked on the Administrative Account I cannot type the password
>> > on
>> > the password typing space, no cursor blinking. So again I log in to the
>> > Limited Account and return to the Administrative Account again this
>> > time
>> > it has no problem. Sometimes it has no problems but most of the time it
>> > has problem.
>> >
>> > Looking for your help. Please help me.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > Wishy

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 12:51:59 AM

Is the Windows Time service running?

How old is your battery?

How To Replace The CMOS Battery In Your PC
http://www.liverepair.com/encyclopedia/articles/cmosrep...

How to replace the CMOS battery

When was the last time you thought about the battery in your PC?
http://home.i-plus.net/jtmurphy/cmos.htm

No idea on Switch User problem.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:%23x213URoFHA.3884@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Wishy <wishy@poorman.com> hunted and pecked:
> This is the third time I have this problem of the Date and Time. I have
> no idea what is wrong with my machine, last time it was June 2003.
>
> Still having problem of Switch User.
>
> Regards,
>
> Wishy
>
> "My Name" <my.email@newsgroups.com> wrote in message
>> Setting correct date will not solve this problem. Wes Vogal is talking
>> rubbish (as always). He hasn't got anything better to do today.
>>
>> The only thing that will solve the problem is to to try using different
>> operating system!!!!
>>
>> You could try free/cheap phones here:
>>
>> http://www.skype.com
>>

>> Wesley Vogel wrote:
>>>
>>> Try setting the correct date on your clock. You are a day ahead.
>>>
>>> http://www.visi.com/~barr/timezone.html
>>>
>>> --
>>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>>
>>> Wes
>>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>>
>>> In news:u16gLFQoFHA.2156@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
>>> Wishy <wishy@poorman.com> hunted and pecked:

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 12:52:00 AM

Hello Wesley,

My machine is a brand-new notebook, and now the date and time is ok. I have
no idea how and why the date and time have changed by itself. I have
installed many programs and so one of them will be the cause of this
problem, I think.

Thank you for your response.

Regards,

Wishy

> Is the Windows Time service running?
>
> How old is your battery?
>
> How To Replace The CMOS Battery In Your PC
> http://www.liverepair.com/encyclopedia/articles/cmosrep...
>
> How to replace the CMOS battery
> http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000239.htm
>
> When was the last time you thought about the battery in your PC?
> http://home.i-plus.net/jtmurphy/cmos.htm
>
> No idea on Switch User problem.
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:%23x213URoFHA.3884@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
> Wishy <wishy@poorman.com> hunted and pecked:
>> This is the third time I have this problem of the Date and Time. I have
>> no idea what is wrong with my machine, last time it was June 2003.
>>
>> Still having problem of Switch User.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Wishy
>>
>> "My Name" <my.email@newsgroups.com> wrote in message
>>> Setting correct date will not solve this problem. Wes Vogal is talking
>>> rubbish (as always). He hasn't got anything better to do today.
>>>
>>> The only thing that will solve the problem is to to try using different
>>> operating system!!!!
>>>
>>> You could try free/cheap phones here:
>>>
>>> http://www.skype.com

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 12:52:01 AM

Wishy,

Many things happen in Windows that none of us may ever know what caused
them. ;-)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes