best vid card for flat panels?

G

i'm currently replacing my old PII-450 machine with a new AMD one and am stuck deciding which video card to go with. i plan on using a 15" flat panel (my eyes can't take anything else right now) and was wondering which card would be best to use with this. right now i'm looking at the matrox g550 and the cardexpert geforce2 pro.

i want to keep the price under $200 and the most intense 3d game i play is probably diabloII (i'm more of a civ and sim kind of guy) so i'm not really worried too much about ghosting on the lcd monitor.

thanks for any advice.

kevin romp.

G

fyi...i haven't made up my mind completely yet if i'm gonna spend the extra money to get a DVI flat panel. i just realized the card expert doesn't have a DVI output. i guess another question i have then is which card w/ DVI would be best should i choose to go that way? thanks again.

kevin romp.

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
not sure, but i think that one of the ati cards has both outputs...like the ve dual display version of the radeon..and it has 64megs of ddr, i think either that or 32...but if you are playing stuff like diablo2, it should be good, i think it is less than 200, because i was looking at it when i was buying video card. and since it has dvi and regular analogue monitor, or the option for two monitors, then you should be set for either setup...
i hope that someone else knows more about that card so that they can help you decide!

-DAvid

-Vacuums suck...really...-