Sign in with
Your question

Dell or Mac

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
February 17, 2013 9:42:08 PM

Hi guys,

I've been thinking about buying a new laptop and the first two choices are a dell and a mac. To be more specific I'm looking at a the XPS series against the Macbook Pro. I'm an average gamer, but would love to play diablo 3 and heroes of might and magic, surfs the web, watches online movies and videos, uses photoshop, autocad, hysis, p2p sharing and downloading movies.

Please share your insights.

Thanks,

More about : dell mac

February 17, 2013 10:46:42 PM

What is your price range because I wouldn't get a mac or a dell if I can afford something better.
m
l
a c 249 D Laptop
February 17, 2013 11:15:06 PM

Hi :) 

Before you decide on a Laptop and yes budget would help a lot, I think you NEED to look at Autocads graphics requirements for a laptop...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
Related resources
February 17, 2013 11:48:47 PM

Hi,

Budget would be based on the best laptop for the money. Ceiling point would be about 1600$.

Thanks,
m
l
February 18, 2013 12:00:37 AM

Kikoman said:
Hi,

Budget would be based on the best laptop for the money. Ceiling point would be about 1600$.

Thanks,

Well if you want best for the money, windows PC's will almost always be a better value. So dell.

Apple computers are good, but they are pricey. The macbook pros have very good screens, good aesthetics, and a different operating system. But performance wise, you can do a lot better in the windows side. They are also very hard to modify and fix.
m
l
February 18, 2013 9:35:05 AM

Azn Cracker said:
Well if you want best for the money, windows PC's will almost always be a better value. So dell.

Apple computers are good, but they are pricey. The macbook pros have very good screens, good aesthetics, and a different operating system. But performance wise, you can do a lot better in the windows side. They are also very hard to modify and fix.

Thanks for the insight.
m
l
!