Dell or Mac

Hi guys,

I've been thinking about buying a new laptop and the first two choices are a dell and a mac. To be more specific I'm looking at a the XPS series against the Macbook Pro. I'm an average gamer, but would love to play diablo 3 and heroes of might and magic, surfs the web, watches online movies and videos, uses photoshop, autocad, hysis, p2p sharing and downloading movies.

Please share your insights.

Thanks,
5 answers Last reply
More about dell
  1. What is your price range because I wouldn't get a mac or a dell if I can afford something better.
  2. Hi :)

Before you decide on a Laptop and yes budget would help a lot, I think you NEED to look at Autocads graphics requirements for a laptop...

All the best Brett :)
  3. Hi,

Budget would be based on the best laptop for the money. Ceiling point would be about 1600$.

Thanks,
  4. Kikoman said:
    Hi,

Budget would be based on the best laptop for the money. Ceiling point would be about 1600$.

Thanks,

Well if you want best for the money, windows PC's will almost always be a better value. So dell.

Apple computers are good, but they are pricey. The macbook pros have very good screens, good aesthetics, and a different operating system. But performance wise, you can do a lot better in the windows side. They are also very hard to modify and fix.
  5. Azn Cracker said:
    Well if you want best for the money, windows PC's will almost always be a better value. So dell.

Apple computers are good, but they are pricey. The macbook pros have very good screens, good aesthetics, and a different operating system. But performance wise, you can do a lot better in the windows side. They are also very hard to modify and fix.

Thanks for the insight.
Ask a new question

Read More

Dell Macintosh Laptops