somerandomguy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2001
The GeForce 3 Ti 200 <A HREF="http://www.3dgpu.com/reviews/ti500/GeForce3_Ti200.jpg" target="_new">has no fan</A>? bonus. :)

"Ignorance is bliss, but I tend to get screwed over."

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
wow..if that is so, then maybe they reduced the die size...
like maybe now they're using the .15 micron instead of .18m, which i thought they were using..
in that case, then that thing can be overclocked eh?
cooler stock speeds=higher overclocked speed...hehehehehe

-DAvid

-Vacuums suck...really...-

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
actually, you know what..that looks kinda similar to the mx-200....
not a geforce3..
hmm..let me investigate a bit more..then i will know what the refernce card looks like..

-DAvid

somerandomguy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2001
I'm fairly certain that <b>is</b> the reference board. Also, the GeForce 3 has always used the .15 micron process. The reason this one is cooler, is because of it's lower clock speed.

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
i have seen the light, and yes, that is the ref card..
and yes..they have all used the .15m..
i was mistaken...thank you for pointing that stuff out!
that is awesome tho, because if you added a fan to the heatsink, then that thing would run pretty cool...

-DAvid

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
yeah, but a quiet pc doesnt compare to a COOL one...hehe
just kidding..
i wish mine was cooler, then i could leave it running 24/7, but with 7 fans, i have to turn it off, otherwise the police bang on my door telling me how much a noise offense ticket is!
j/k
but it is definately too loud to fall asleep next to...unless i am completely dog-tired, and cant keep my eyes open...
now if you were to buy this video card, and get this crazy (i think zallman makes it) passive cpu cooler that can cool over 1 ghz, and some ram sinks, and a nice silent powersupply, and put some rubber grommets on the hard drive and cdrom mounts, and then put some noise dampening material on the inside of the case, you would have one helluva silent, and decently quick computer!
i can imagine the silence now! hehe

-DAvid

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
how do you mount it?...just put some fan self tapping screws in it, directly into the heatsink?
because on most gpu heatsinks, there would be room for like one screw on a 120mm fan, let alone an 80..
however, the benefits i can see....it would blow air right on the gpu and ram..
and cooling those both would be a great thing to do..

-DAvid

somerandomguy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2001
I'll bet that new .13 micron Celeron would run without a fan if you had a nice big heat sink on it.
You can also buy convection cooled power supplys that have no fans, and hard drives only make noise if they're spinning.
Now if only I had the money to upgrade. :)

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
lol...i know what you mean...no $$ =sad computer user...hehe
i found that cpu cooler that can run with no fan...up to 1.4 ghz with their "silent" fan, and anything higher with their "quiet" fan setting..

http://www.zalman.co.kr/english/product/cnpsma.htm

this thing seem cool, and would look sweet, that gold fanned out heatsink...
alright, i think that i am going to go to bed...
2:31 am here, and i am tired..
this is my last post for tonight..
until tomorrow!

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-

killall

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
you know it... shouldnt be hard to remove that heatsink and attach something decent then overclock to Ti500 speeds... then again i imagine the Ti500 can be overclocked fairly well as well...

if in doubt blame microsoft...

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
i am sure of it..
that card sure does remind me of the mx-200 tho, it seems to be the same board layout as the mx-200..
and the same heatsink!...
but then again, underneath that heatsink rests a geforce3 (respectively underclocked)
so i guess that if you bought one, then you would be buying a geforce3, underclocked, and by upgrading the heatsink and fan, you would be able to (theoretically) make it a normal geforce3, or better? wow...
if someone buys this thing, and is an avid overclocker, then let us know if it can be done!

-DAvid

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
and another thing...
did nvidia disable certain features of the geforce3 to make it worth less?
or did they just underclock it?
because that would suck, then there wouldbe no point really...lol

-DAvid