iPod installation error

Looking for help with an iPod installation. I am using Windows XP and the CD
(Software Update as of 3-23-2005) that came with the iPod. It automatically
runs the Installshield Wizard however, the program keeps giving me an error
just as the Installation is about to begin. The error reads as follows.

Error: -1639 Invalid command line argument. Consult the Windows Installer
SDK for detailed command line help.

I've downloaded the most recent software for iPod on Windows (Software
Update for 6-26-2005) from apple.com and that won't work either. The same
error message comes up everytime. I can sort of access the updater to format
the iPod for windows but it won't recognize the iPod itself.

kev

"=?Utf-8?B?U2VhbjUyOQ==?=" <Sean529@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> Error: -1639 Invalid command line argument.

I put in Error: -1639 into google... always a good place to start.... and a
couple places said it could have to do with entering invalid characters in
the dialog where username etc is entered. Assuming iPod is requiring this.

TRENDING THREADS