Game Settings

My PC recently crashed and I'm trying to get everything back as it was. I
like playing Yahoo games like TextTwist online but now when I pull them up I
only see a blank square with a small X in a box in the upper left hand
corner. What do I need to do? I use S3 Graphics ProSavage DDR if it
matters. Thanks in advance!
1 answer Last reply
More about game settings

    I found my answer and I'm posting it here in hopes it may help someone else:

    By default, the Windows XP operating system comes with the Internet Explorer
    6 browser without the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) installed, which is
    required to run Java programs such as Yahoo! Games.

    If you install Windows XP over an existing installation of Windows that
    already has Internet Explorer with a JVM installed, then you should be able
    to play justs fine.

    At this time Microsoft no longer provides a download of the JVM if you do
    not already have it installed. You are welcome to contact them for
    information on where to find and download this program.

    However, you have the option to download Sun's Java plug-in by visiting

    http://www.java.com/en/download/help/auto_install.jsp

    "Lisa" <NoOne@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > My PC recently crashed and I'm trying to get everything back as it was. I
    > like playing Yahoo games like TextTwist online but now when I pull them up
    > only see a blank square with a small X in a box in the upper left hand
    > corner. What do I need to do? I use S3 Graphics ProSavage DDR if it
    > matters. Thanks in advance!

Games Microsoft Windows XP