New Pc.. Hardware Problems..

yOp

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001
Ok I have a problem.. I just spent 5 grand (canadian) on a new computer... here are the specs...

1.4 athlon
Volcano II fan
MSI K7266Pro Motherboard
768 Megs DDR
Quantum Fireball AS60
AGP-V8200 GeForce3 Deluxe
SiS 6326 PCI
Pioneer DVD-105 16X
Plextor W1610A
Viewsonic P225f (22")
Viewsonic P775 (17")
Sound Blaster Live 5.1
etc..

Now here is my problem... Games work for about 2 minutes (at most) then just crash. I've tried just about everything I can think of .. I've try different OS's .. win98se, winME, winXP. All with the latest drivers for the video card, for the motherboard. I've tried taking the second video card out and running games... I've tried just about every possible combination on every os and still no juice..

So, im asking does anyone know what is going on.. is there an actual hardware conflict somewhere.. because software/driver wise.. I've tried just about everything...

If nobody has heard of any problems arising between this hardware, who so you think I should contact about this?? As nVidia or Asus Dosn't really have a simple contact us section on their sites...

Any information would be greatly appreciated..

thanks..

DOOM

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2001
So does the system hang, or do the games crash out back to the OS? After they crash, do other programs still work?

-DOOM
"Ultimately, there is no knowledge -- only belief."

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
is something blocking the fan on the gpu, or even the cpu?
you might want to make sure that no cables are hangin in there, blocking it from spinning, because that could cause some serious damage..
also, have you tried removing and reseating the agp card?
sometimes that helps.
another thing, check for motherboard bios updates.
did you buy the system from a builder, or did you build it yourself? if you had someone build ti for you, then have them take a look, especially if you just got the thing.
if you built it, keep tinkering, and you will probably figure it out...
maybe someone else knows something i dont in regards to this question.

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-