ATI! ATI! ATI! GO ATI!

G

Hello, I am a regular visit to Tom's hardware, but this is going to be my first post...
Well, as for the world of graphics cards I would have to say good job NVIDIA, but ATI STILL KICKS YOUR ASSS! Sure reviews say that the GForce2 and 3 series are suppose to be better than the ATI series, but I hate to break it to a lot of you NVIDIA users, ATI IS BETER, dont mean to be crule or anything...
I have the ATI All In Wonder Radion 32DDR AGP 4x system, for those of you who dont know, SVID IN/OUT, COMPONENT IN/OUT, SPDIF OUT, COAX IN, DIGITAL FLAT,CRT, or Touch screen out...
Out of personal tests, I have found that my ATI card still beats the competetion. At the place I work, we have a number of computer systems, so myself and a few others always take it upon ourselves to test new machines and grade them accordingly. Well, not to long ago we received nice new ATHALON (YUCKIES) systems at 1.1 and 1.2 ghz with 128 of either SD PC133 or DDR at 200, 40gb western digital or Maxtor HDD's and the NVIDIA GForce 2, GForce 3 and GForce 2+ all with either 16 or 32 mb of DDR. For benchmarking we us 3DMark 2000/2001. Nothing tests a systems performance beter than 3D rendering! Of the new systems their top score was only 1500. Prity pathetic for 1.1 and 1.2 Athalon systems. I personaly grade the machines according to my home machine whitch youll probably laugh, but I bet it still does better than most of peoples machines at 800mhz +. My system scores a score of 2550 with 3DMark 2000, and 1957 with 3DMark 2001...heres what i have...
Intel Celeron yes, the "C" word, at--400mhz,(I can get it up to 500mhz just by changing my bus, and core multiplyer, unfort there is no BiOS update for my motherboard, it only supports up to 500mhz, with some simple math i could probably get the chip up to 600+ mhz)
a Matsonic 7090S motherboard....i know, but its pritty good if you ask me!
192 pc 133 sd ram
30gb maxtor 5200rpm
10gb maxtor 7200rpm
creative 12x dvd
lg 4x4x32 cdrw
ATI All In Wonder Radeon 32DDR
and a simple DLink 10/100 NIC

So as it stands In my opinion, if a 1.1 or a 1.2 ghz ATHALON-meaning has all bells and whistles, with a quote on quote "Better" CARD cannot beat my "CELERON" at 400mhz, I would have to say that NVIDIA should try harder to gain my respect, but dont get me wrong they do have a great card, but the ATI does pritty damn good!

njeske

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2001
Nice to see that your first post is total trolling... Have at him yahiko.

By the way, it's Athlon. Not Athalon.... moron.

<font color=red>"I'm not gonna launch a $2 million missile at a $10 tent and hit a camel's butt." -Bush</font color=red>

G

I happen to like ATI cards, and certainly feel the 8500 has more muscle then any other card on the market, however I feel I must point out that you're post is full of inaccurate data. I am not trying to be rude here, but for you to say you benchmarked an AMD 1.2 with DDR and a GF3 and got 1500.......... well, I agree it is pathetic. Pathetic that is, that you either bought a crippeled system, or pathetic that you don't know how to properly set it up. What was the FSB? What is this DDR 200 you speak of? (Never heard of it) What MB? I would encourage you to check out the reviews here, or at Anandtech, or Sharkey's, and see if you really beleive that your so called benchmarking session, is really indicitive of AMD or NVIDIA's true performance. It is not.
500mhz is nothing to sneeze at, but a properly configured 1.2 266 PC2100 GF3 system would crush yours. That is simply the reality of the matter.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by UnitedGuy on 10/04/01 03:12 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

hey, i spelt it wrong cause IT SUCKS! and besides if I had a $10 dollar camels butt it would still be worth more than an ATHLON or ATHALON ! PROCESOR!

G

true ati cards rule! As for the systems they were right out of the box...suppose to be gaming machines...no extra configs were done to the machine...true if properly configured it would crush mine, but keep in mind that for a test done on a system that is suppose to be supiror to mine had failed, to me in general it is a combination of failiures in both processor, card and config by the manufactuers. The FSB on what? The Athlon System or mine?

njeske

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2001
It's a $10 tent, not a $10 camel's butt you illiterate imbecile.

And yeah right you spelled it wrong on purpose. If that is truly the case, it really shows the level of maturity you put into your "benchmarks."

Just go back under your bridge until you have something legitimate to talk about.

<font color=red>"I'm not gonna launch a $2 million missile at a $10 tent and hit a camel's butt." -Bush</font color=red>

G

level of maturity? well, if thats the case, and your calling me inmature, then you should look at yourself as inmatuer for quoting BUSH! my benchmarks are as valad as anyone elses, from personal experience of myself and CUSTOMERS who purchase these pre-made high end systems that say that the computers suck and next time they would by INTEL!

G

Look, I may like ATI cards, but I am not your typical 12yr olds that, from your tone and manner (Athalon sucks u said?) you are. I recognize that Nvidia also makes a fine product. It don't find much entertainment value in saying something ownz or rulez something else, since, at it's core, it is a childish arguement.
AMD makes fine processors. As does Intel. AMD is my processor of choice, as I can get the same performance from a 1.4 for 100.00 that I would have to pay Intel 400.00 for. It all boils down to what you as a user/consumer want, and are willing to pay for.
You state that u realize the system you benched is improperly configured, yet you then use that flawed data to try and reinforce your arguement. That is foolish at best, trollish at worst.
You say you frequent THG forums quite often, I would suggest you frequent them a bit more, and add something useful to them instead of what you just attempted to do.
We already have enough immature and technically ignorant posters, I do not believe we need more of the same.

G

awh, if i am 12 you must be as well to be able to reconize the level of maturity then. as children always say "TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE!"

G

BTW I fail to see how quoting the President of the United States is immature? That quote, though said in a jovial manner, was a very valid expression of his administrations use of military force in Geo-Political hotbeds of activity. I found it to be a rather refreshing stance, and one I happen to agree with. Somehow however, I doubt you aren't into politics to much. Oh well....

G

ok, true, i am not into politics that much, but as it stands a truce?

G

"Takes one to know one" ?? LMAO. If that is the best you can come up with, perhaps you should stay right here on THG forums. Sharkeys would eat u alive.
Since you seem to have no well thought out opinions, and respond to dissent with childish retorts, I have deceided that you are no longer worth the time it takes to respond to you.

G

wow, arent you a sore loser...by the way, life is ment to be fun, not to be like a hard ass like you, why dont you roll with the punches instead of crying like a baby

wapaaga

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2001
When did the gefroce 3 ever have 32 mb of memory, all i can rember is it always haveing 64 mb ofmemory. also i have friends around here with a gefroce three that pull 5,000 at the highest settings, he is running a 1.4 atholon and before you go ad start to go and say stuff like your anti ati you should now that i'm running an ati radeon, yes i do like it very much the geforce 3 does do alot better in alot of stuff.

<font color=red>Gasoline + Fire</font color=red><font color=green> Can be a lot of fun</font color=green> :smile: :smile: :smile:

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
16MB and 32MB GeForce2/3? Very strange! Obviously they are not running GeForce3s. They are probably all running modified versions of the GeForce2MX-200 which is the cheapest and slowest of the GeForce series.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

SerArthurDayne

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001
Funkyboi, I think we would all appreciate it if you got off your daddy's computer and stopped posting nonsense in computer hardware forums.

You obviously know next to nothing about computers except how to spell brand names. Oh wait.... you misspelled Athlon, Radeon, and GeForce so I guess you can't even do that.

As far as your "benchmarks" are concerned, I can show you links to a few places that will show you how to create REAL benchmarks on a REAL computer instead of imaginary benchmarks for components that don't exist - 16 or 32mb Geforce3's do not exist, and the 16mb versions of the Geforce2's are from the lowest level of their mobile line. A 16MB Geforce2 Go 100 has a 32bit memory interface(It probably gets stomped by a Diamond Stealth, *laff*), as opposed to the 128bit interface of their performance level cards. So, I suppose if you actually hooked up a Geforce2 Go 100 to your desktop system and scored a 1500 in 3dmark2001, that particular card was blazing. Your scores are totally inaccurate, and you should have at least faked reasonable scores if you wanted to be believed.

I have a T-bird box and a Duron setup, and the T-bird is waiting for a video card before I hook it up. It will either be a Geforce3 or a Radeon 8500, once the benchmarks are out and prove the winner(real benchmarks, not imaginary ones). For now I've got an overclocked Ge2 GTS on a Duron@1000, and 256mb of PC133 in there. My score in 3dmark2000 at 1024x768x32 is well over 7600 now with the newest drivers. In 3dmark2001 I score close to 3600. It's amazing how much Nvidia's driver updates increase the performance of their cards, considering I was only scoring about 3000 the first time I ran 3dmark2001.

In conclusion, you're a moron, and don't EVER spell the word "pretty" as "pritty" again. I guess Hooked on Phonics worked for you, but they sure as hell didn't teach you to spell correctly.

"Laziness is a talent to be cultivated like any other" - Walter Slovotsky

njeske

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2001
I am immature for quoting a legitimate statement made by the leader of the most powerful country in the world?? Explain that one to me.

I am not going to allow someone of your intellect (or lack thereof) to repeatedly bash a product based on "benchmarks" that obviously complete crap. Who has EVER heard of a GeForce3 with 32MB or 16MB of memory. NO ONE!! You know why? CAUSE THERE IS NO SUCH THING!! Not only that, but you claim to have overclocked a Celeron by increasing its multiplier. I don't even want to get into that one...

When you have something legitimate to talk about, come back and post it in a way that isn't intended to bring down another brand/product. I would change your name too since no one here is going to believe your posts after the bull you posted in this thread.

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Can you please "Shut the Hell up !"

Athlons are good processors for ppl. funkyboi goto the Rage3d.com forums if you want to rant and rave about nothing important.

Nice Nvidia and ATi users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile:

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Rcf, are you funkyboi, let me explain.

On the cpu forum he has an intel intel intel thread, and in this forum he has an ati ati ati thread, you are the most well known intel/ati uber fan.

Actually, I think hes bowser, yeah, bowser back from the dead.

Either way hes a loser moron.

~Matisaro~
"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
~Tbird1.3@1.5~

G

I think he better stick with a PII or something if he is getting 1500 with an Athy and GF2.....

Who cares what you're runnin if you can't find the power switch LOL

PS: yeah, I know I am a day late and a dollar short, but when a post makes me laugh this hard, I gotta get it back to the top

OzzieBloke

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2001
You'll notice he's been quiet all of a sudden... dad must have found him on his computer and spanked his bottom... probably piddled his pants in the meantime.

Now back to the mature trolls...

TRENDING THREADS