File and Settings Transfer (Unable to complete)

I installed a fresh copy of XP Prof on my computer. Before I did this, I did
the Files and Settings Wizard, got the old data on two .DAT files IMG00001
and IMG00002, one is over 2GB and the other is about 1.7 GB.

When I tried to retrieve the files on my new installation, I get the message
" The location that you specified does not contain stored information.
Please type a valid folder path into the edit box...... If you entered a
path to a folder on a removable disk, the disk must be in the drive.

I have XP Prof with SP2.

I had the files on a USB harddrive formatted to FAT 32, I tried copying the
files onto the computer hard disks, that did not help.

Please HELP I have a lot of valuable data and I need to retrieve them.

Thanks you

Dunno if this will help, but it's worth a shot!
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/fast.htm

"Daniel Lee" wrote:

> I installed a fresh copy of XP Prof on my computer. Before I did this, I did
> the Files and Settings Wizard, got the old data on two .DAT files IMG00001
> and IMG00002, one is over 2GB and the other is about 1.7 GB.
>
> When I tried to retrieve the files on my new installation, I get the message
> " The location that you specified does not contain stored information.
> Please type a valid folder path into the edit box...... If you entered a
> path to a folder on a removable disk, the disk must be in the drive.
>
> I have XP Prof with SP2.
>
> I had the files on a USB harddrive formatted to FAT 32, I tried copying the
> files onto the computer hard disks, that did not help.
>
> Please HELP I have a lot of valuable data and I need to retrieve them.
>
> Thanks you

Hi usasma,

Thanks for the info. I tried it out but it did not work. The fastconv
still did not recognize the file. I also tried the decompressing part, the
fastconv seemed to work with the decompressed file but then it stopped and I
go an error message "error 13".

Hope someone else can give me more help.

Thanks again