My Computer is seriously stuffed, it cant open any files!

I got a virus or some malicious software that has done major damage to my
comp. I am not able to open any programs, not even Windows programs. It seems
that my rundll32, cmd ???? files are corrupt. I cant even restore to an
earlier point because the comp doesnt know what program created it. I cant
reboot on my Windows disks because when I try to open anything on it the Comp
cant recognise what program created it. It seems that the bridging program
that opens and runs programs is missing. If anyone could help me with any
info. Even if I have to format the whole drive and start again, I just need
some advice on how to do it. Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about computer stuffed open files

    Just insert your Windows XP CD in the drive and reboot from the CD. Since
    you will not be in Windows, you can do anything - without interference.

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban
    Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

    Quote from: George Ankner
    "If you knew as much as you think you know,

    SagatLong101 Wrote:
    > I got a virus or some malicious software that has done major damage to
    > my
    > comp. I am not able to open any programs, not even Windows programs. It
    > seems
    > that my rundll32, cmd ???? files are corrupt. I cant even restore to
    > an
    > earlier point because the comp doesnt know what program created it. I
    > cant
    > reboot on my Windows disks because when I try to open anything on it
    > the Comp
    > cant recognise what program created it. It seems that the bridging
    > program
    > that opens and runs programs is missing. If anyone could help me with
    > any
    > info. Even if I have to format the whole drive and start again, I just
    > need
    > some advice on how to do it. Thanks.

    Before actually starting fresh again, try using the Recover Console
    option. Insert the XP CD and reboot. The rest is self explanatory.

    --
    Evolution54

Computers Windows XP