Nvidia the next Intel!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Think about it, they relelsed the MX200, which unlearned customers expect would be better than their MX, I wonder how many "upgraded"? Now it's the TI200 which is so much slower than the GF3. And the TI500 which is simply an overclocked GF3.
Want more comparisions? How about pricing? TI500 $=P4 2.0GHz $. And so forth down the line. Both Intel and nVidia make workstation products also. A good workstation chip is about the same price as a recent Quadro version of nVidia's card. And like Intel's chip, the Quadro is based on the much cheaper consumer version. NVidia has learned well from Intel!
Or would you rather talk about the ant-competitive practices that each company employs? If a company uses anything but nVidia chips, nVidia threatens to cut their supply. If a company uses the new VIA chipset, Intel threatens to sue them and cut their chipset supply!
Hmmmmm.
Way to go nVidia!

Back to you Tom...

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Well gigabyte is in really really close from getting cut of by nvidia. Believe this this there going to be making a Radeon 7500 video card. Well Nvidia looks more like Microsoft its called a complete monoply.

Well SSE2 is open standard. 8086 is open standard. AGP is open standard. USB is opened standard. ATA is opened standard.

Nothing for MS is open standard. nvidia is sharing.

Nice Nvidia and ATi users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile:

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
We dont know if the gf3 ti500 is just an overclocked gf3, apparently tsmc (their foundry) did some work on the core. I want to see how high the 500 will overclock.

~Matisaro~
"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
~Tbird1.3@1.5~

killall

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
it would be nice to see a review of a geforce 3 overclocked to geforce 3 ti 500 levels against the ti 500 and a overclocked ti 200 against the standard geforce 3 as near identical speeds to see how performance chooses to vary

if in doubt blame microsoft...

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Like I said flame, it may not be overclocked, it may be much higher yielding because their foundry tweaked the chip, it may be able to hit even higher clocks than the origional.

~Matisaro~
"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
~Tbird1.3@1.5~

TRENDING THREADS