mouse "sec buton" doesn't works on Star Menu Items.

Tags:
  • Mice
  • Windows XP
August 15, 2005 8:19:38 PM

I'm here again giving the group the last exposition what I see about this
pb, just to see if it is posible obtain new aids to fix it. On 12/08/2005 I
did a exposition at 8:52. You can see what I have done. Thanks in advance.

1 .-The problem is only with an user: "my user". Other user works fine.

2 .-When START is hit, the whole group menus fails to display context menus
when "sec. button on mouse is pressed. Now:
I can't drag to change position of a program
I can't delete a program on the list of the 10 selected.
I can't order by name the "All Program List"

Any idea related to this welcolme
José M. Bonías

More about : mouse sec buton works star menu items

Anonymous
August 15, 2005 8:19:39 PM

With a two button mouse, the buttons are called left and right, not first
and second.

What is pb? To me that means push button.

SWAG...

If your right click menu is missing...

XP Start Menu >>
Right click the Start button | Properties |
Start Menu tab | Customize button | Advanced tab |
Scroll down to and Check: ? Enable dragging and dropping |
OK | OK

Classic Start Menu >>
Right click the Start button | Properties |
Start Menu tab | Customize button |
Scroll down to and Check: ? Enable dragging and dropping |
OK | OK

[[Specifies whether you can drag items to the Start
menu.]] Also disables the right click menu if UNChecked.

BTW, time is relative, you're at GMT +0200, I'm at GMT -0600.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:%23jPNhRaoFHA.3608@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
José M Bonías <jbonias@wanadoo.es> hunted and pecked:
> I'm here again giving the group the last exposition what I see about this
> pb, just to see if it is posible obtain new aids to fix it. On 12/08/2005
> I did a exposition at 8:52. You can see what I have done. Thanks in
> advance.
>
> 1 .-The problem is only with an user: "my user". Other user works fine.
>
> 2 .-When START is hit, the whole group menus fails to display context
> menus when "sec. button on mouse is pressed. Now:
> I can't drag to change position of a program
> I can't delete a program on the list of the 10 selected.
> I can't order by name the "All Program List"
>
> Any idea related to this welcolme
> José M. Bonías
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 12:17:20 AM

I think your answer is a good one but I till have a problem. There is not
any line
in that "XP Start Menu| | |advanced tab| Enable dragging and dropping" on
my
Spanish version that means something similar.
If this option has disappear , How can I restore this menu? I have been in
the
Knowledge Base looking for things but I found nothing

"Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> escribió en el mensaje
news:o OYaxDboFHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> With a two button mouse, the buttons are called left and right, not first
> and second.
>
> What is pb? To me that means push button.
>
> SWAG...
>
> If your right click menu is missing...
>
> XP Start Menu >>
> Right click the Start button | Properties |
> Start Menu tab | Customize button | Advanced tab |
> Scroll down to and Check: ? Enable dragging and dropping |
> OK | OK
>
> Classic Start Menu >>
> Right click the Start button | Properties |
> Start Menu tab | Customize button |
> Scroll down to and Check: ? Enable dragging and dropping |
> OK | OK
>
> [[Specifies whether you can drag items to the Start
> menu.]] Also disables the right click menu if UNChecked.
>
> BTW, time is relative, you're at GMT +0200, I'm at GMT -0600.
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:%23jPNhRaoFHA.3608@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
> José M Bonías <jbonias@wanadoo.es> hunted and pecked:
>> I'm here again giving the group the last exposition what I see about this
>> pb, just to see if it is posible obtain new aids to fix it. On 12/08/2005
>> I did a exposition at 8:52. You can see what I have done. Thanks in
>> advance.
>>
>> 1 .-The problem is only with an user: "my user". Other user works fine.
>>
>> 2 .-When START is hit, the whole group menus fails to display context
>> menus when "sec. button on mouse is pressed. Now:
>> I can't drag to change position of a program
>> I can't delete a program on the list of the 10 selected.
>> I can't order by name the "All Program List"
>>
>> Any idea related to this welcolme
>> José M. Bonías

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 12:17:21 AM

José,

I don't speak Spanish, Google translated this for me.

Enable dragging and dropping = Permita la fricción y caer

If you do not want to mess with the registry, automated edit here...
Read the instructions at the top
233. Right hand side
Enable Drag and Drop

It sets the two following keys to the correct settings.

Check this setting...
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
Policies\Explorer
NoChangeStartMenu
0 = Can drag and drop Start menu items and can display context menus.
1 = Cannot drag and drop Start menu items or display context menus.
You want a value of 0.

If that registry key does not exist, it isn't the problem. If it doesn't
exist, it's the same as being set to 0.

And check this one...
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
Explorer\Advanced
Start_EnableDragDrop
0 = Drag and drop is disabled.
1 = Drag and drop is enabled.
You want a value of 1.

If XP Pro...
You can use the Group Policy editor (Gpedit.msc) under the following
location to configure Start menu features:
User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Start Menu and Taskbar\
Remove drag-and-drop menus on the Start Menu
Set it to Not configured

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:o c1$YWcoFHA.3552@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
José M Bonías <jbonias@wanadoo.es> hunted and pecked:
> I think your answer is a good one but I till have a problem. There is not
> any line
> in that "XP Start Menu| | |advanced tab| Enable dragging and dropping" on
> my
> Spanish version that means something similar.
> If this option has disappear , How can I restore this menu? I have been in
> the
> Knowledge Base looking for things but I found nothing
>

> "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> escribió en el mensaje
> news:o OYaxDboFHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> With a two button mouse, the buttons are called left and right, not first
>> and second.
>>
>> What is pb? To me that means push button.
>>
>> SWAG...
>>
>> If your right click menu is missing...
>>
>> XP Start Menu >>
>> Right click the Start button | Properties |
>> Start Menu tab | Customize button | Advanced tab |
>> Scroll down to and Check: ? Enable dragging and dropping |
>> OK | OK
>>
>> Classic Start Menu >>
>> Right click the Start button | Properties |
>> Start Menu tab | Customize button |
>> Scroll down to and Check: ? Enable dragging and dropping |
>> OK | OK
>>
>> [[Specifies whether you can drag items to the Start
>> menu.]] Also disables the right click menu if UNChecked.
>>
>> BTW, time is relative, you're at GMT +0200, I'm at GMT -0600.
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:%23jPNhRaoFHA.3608@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
>> José M Bonías <jbonias@wanadoo.es> hunted and pecked:
>>> I'm here again giving the group the last exposition what I see about
>>> this pb, just to see if it is posible obtain new aids to fix it. On
>>> 12/08/2005 I did a exposition at 8:52. You can see what I have done.
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> 1 .-The problem is only with an user: "my user". Other user works fine.
>>>
>>> 2 .-When START is hit, the whole group menus fails to display context
>>> menus when "sec. button on mouse is pressed. Now:
>>> I can't drag to change position of a program
>>> I can't delete a program on the list of the 10 selected.
>>> I can't order by name the "All Program List"
>>>
>>> Any idea related to this welcolme
>>> José M. Bonías
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 4:53:42 AM

Wesley,

With your first solution it was fixed.
I change value 1 to 0 on
"KEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
Policies\Explorer
NoChangeStartMenu"
and all things were OK. I see now the option "?Permitir arrastrar y colocar"
Windows translation of Enable Drag and Drop.

I'll look at all of your other info, just for knowing.

Tank you for your fast advise.
Regards, José María

> [...]
>>> With a two button mouse, the buttons are called left and right, not
>>> first
>>> and second.
>>>
>>> What is pb? To me that means push button.
>>>
>>> SWAG...
>>>
>>> If your right click menu is missing...
>>>
>>> XP Start Menu >>
>>> Right click the Start button | Properties |
>>> Start Menu tab | Customize button | Advanced tab |
>>> Scroll down to and Check: ? Enable dragging and dropping |
>>> OK | OK
>>>
>>> Classic Start Menu >>
>>> Right click the Start button | Properties |
>>> Start Menu tab | Customize button |
>>> Scroll down to and Check: ? Enable dragging and dropping |
>>> OK | OK
>>>
>>> [[Specifies whether you can drag items to the Start
>>> menu.]] Also disables the right click menu if UNChecked.
>>>
>>> BTW, time is relative, you're at GMT +0200, I'm at GMT -0600.

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 4:53:43 AM

Glad you got it fixed, José. Keep having fun. :-)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User