Sign in with
Your question
Solved

[Alienware] Boot Issue/Service Question

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
February 18, 2013 9:26:27 PM

So I have an Alienware M15x I purchased 2.5 years ago. I got a 3 year extended warranty when I purchased it (thank god). I've ran into and issue where it won't boot up. The Alienware logo appears, then it goes to a black screen with a blinking cursor in the upper left (corrupt Win 7?). I'm trying to contact Dell/Alienware since the laptop is still under warranty, and they ask for a service code. The issue with mine is that the service tag on the bottom has worn off and you can't read it anymore. What is the best way of getting a hold of them about servicing it? Are there shops I could take it to that would honor Dell's warranty instead of dealing the BS over the phone stuff? I've attached a picture of the bottom (where the service tag is) to clarify what I mean about it wearing off.

Thanks,

DJ
a c 248 D Laptop
February 18, 2013 9:30:47 PM

Hi :) 

THEY have a record of the service tag from when you bought the extended warranty....

All the best Brett :) 

Best solution

a b D Laptop
February 18, 2013 9:31:14 PM

The info should also be stored in your BIOS. Press either the F2 after powering on. The info will be right on the main page.
Related resources
February 18, 2013 9:39:36 PM

COLGeek said:
The info should also be stored in your BIOS. Press either the F2 after powering on. The info will be right on the main page.

Thanks COL, that's exactly what I needed!
a b D Laptop
February 18, 2013 10:55:20 PM

You are welcome. Good luck!
a c 248 D Laptop
February 21, 2013 12:50:07 AM

Best answer selected by Brett928S2.
!