XP printer and faxes not responding after windows automati..

I have Windows XP Prof. My computer was turned off for 3 weeks do to
vacation. I used it Friday Aug 12 in am. and printer worked fine. Later that
day it did an automatic windows update. Since then I haven't been able to use
my printer from any application. When I go printers and faxes nothing comes
up. When I go to ctr/ alt/del it says that printers and faxes are not
responding. The printer shows up when I checked to make sure it isn't in
there 2 times. Any ideas how to correct this?

Stacy
Smschell@hotmail.com
1 answer Last reply
More about printer faxes responding windows automati

    Stacy Wrote:
    > I have Windows XP Prof. My computer was turned off for 3 weeks do to
    > vacation. I used it Friday Aug 12 in am. and printer worked fine. Later
    > that
    > day it did an automatic windows update. Since then I haven't been able
    > to use
    > my printer from any application. When I go printers and faxes nothing
    > comes
    > up. When I go to ctr/ alt/del it says that printers and faxes are not
    > responding. The printer shows up when I checked to make sure it isn't
    > in
    > there 2 times. Any ideas how to correct this?
    >
    > Stacy
    > Smschell@hotmail.com

    Try manually installing the printer drivers again. If that doesn't
    work, try uninstalling the updates or by doing a system restore to get
    it back to the original state in which it was working. Good luck

    --
    Evolution54

Printers Windows XP