XP printer and faxes not responding after windows automati..

I have Windows XP Prof. My computer was turned off for 3 weeks do to
vacation. I used it Friday Aug 12 in am. and printer worked fine. Later that
day it did an automatic windows update. Since then I haven't been able to use
my printer from any application. When I go printers and faxes nothing comes
up. When I go to ctr/ alt/del it says that printers and faxes are not
responding. The printer shows up when I checked to make sure it isn't in
there 2 times. Any ideas how to correct this?

Stacy
Smschell@hotmail.com

Stacy Wrote:
> I have Windows XP Prof. My computer was turned off for 3 weeks do to
> vacation. I used it Friday Aug 12 in am. and printer worked fine. Later
> that
> day it did an automatic windows update. Since then I haven't been able
> to use
> my printer from any application. When I go printers and faxes nothing
> comes
> up. When I go to ctr/ alt/del it says that printers and faxes are not
> responding. The printer shows up when I checked to make sure it isn't
> in
> there 2 times. Any ideas how to correct this?
>
> Stacy
> Smschell@hotmail.com

Try manually installing the printer drivers again. If that doesn't
work, try uninstalling the updates or by doing a system restore to get
it back to the original state in which it was working. Good luck

--
Evolution54