Dell Inspiron Mini 1012 Motherboard replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

tootallr6

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
Hi,

I'm looking for a replacement MOBO for my Dell Netbook. After checking eBay and some other online retailers I'm confused as to which MOBO I can use. My MOBO model number is 0P9MDV, but I'm unable to find one with this number. Will any of the models I've found work or am I just screwed on this?

tootallr6

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
Its the right model number for the motherboard I have, Dell does not sell them. Going by what Dell Tech support told me, "The motherboard cannot be replaced." I have been unable to find this model number on third party websites, but I have found a lot of other model numbers. I have looked at them as close as possible from the pictures provided and it looks like there might be slight variations in the boards. I'd hate to waste my time ordering and replacing the MOBO only to find out at the end of it all it will not work.

Hi :)

Those other mobos MUST be exactly the same... we have had problems with Mini 10`s in my workshops before, and they are a pig to strip down so you dont want to do it twice ..lol

All the best Brett :)

ojaldin

Honorable
Apr 24, 2013
I dont know if is too late for this post but here is my answer,
I replaced the motherboard from my mini1012 because it was not charging the battery, I looked on ebay for "mini 1012 motherboard" and pretty much I bought the cheapest that was new. and it work perfectly
Here is the catch: if your 1012 came with bluetooth and HD decoder you need the mobo that supports that, its easy to find the correct model just by looking at the pic of the mobo and see if it has the two mini pci connector. (bottom to the right, the one on the left is for the wireless)
Even if you buy the one that doent have the two extra mini pci connectors, you still can make it work but you will end without bluetooth and hd decoding capabilities

Status
Not open for further replies.