Need 2 row height on taskbar, with Quicklaunch as well

pierre

I usually run 12-16 windows open at any one time. Also find the
quicklaunch toolbar exceedingly useful.

I have yet to find a combination of toolbar settings which allow for
the open programs taskbar to be 2 or more rows high, and coupled with
quicklaunch.
I can set the open window taskbar to be 2 rows high, and lock it with
autohide just fine. But once I enable quicklaunch, my 2 row windows
taskbar is back down to one row with teeny windows all bunched up to
sort through squeezed into a single line. So how might one get a
double row window taskbar and have quicklaunch enabled as well?

TIA for any ideas.

PC

Try the following:

Right click the taskbar and uncheck 'Lock the Toolbar' (if already checked)
Right click the taskbar and select 'Toolbars -> Quick Launch' (if not
already enabled)
Drag the taskbar to double row height
Right click the taskbar and check 'Lock the Toolbar'

Also, right click the taskbar and select 'Properties'
Test how the taskbar behaves by checking/unchecking the 'Group similar
taskbar buttons' check box (which may help alleviate your problem)

Regards,

Jason C. Henley

"Pierre" wrote:

> I usually run 12-16 windows open at any one time. Also find the
> quicklaunch toolbar exceedingly useful.
>
> I have yet to find a combination of toolbar settings which allow for
> the open programs taskbar to be 2 or more rows high, and coupled with
> quicklaunch.
> I can set the open window taskbar to be 2 rows high, and lock it with
> autohide just fine. But once I enable quicklaunch, my 2 row windows
> taskbar is back down to one row with teeny windows all bunched up to
> sort through squeezed into a single line. So how might one get a
> double row window taskbar and have quicklaunch enabled as well?
>
> TIA for any ideas.
>
> PC

pierre

Jason C. Henley wrote:
> Try the following:
>
> Right click the taskbar and uncheck 'Lock the Toolbar' (if already checked)
> Right click the taskbar and select 'Toolbars -> Quick Launch' (if not
> already enabled)
> Drag the taskbar to double row height
> Right click the taskbar and check 'Lock the Toolbar'
>
> Also, right click the taskbar and select 'Properties'
> Test how the taskbar behaves by checking/unchecking the 'Group similar
> taskbar buttons' check box (which may help alleviate your problem)
>
> Regards,
>
> Jason C. Henley

Jason, thanks for the reply.
No combination seems to do the trick.
When I drag the height to 2 rows, lock it, the middle row is always
empty; quicklaunch on top, empty row, and all the open windows squeezed
into the bottom.

Grouping is a little help, but I'd like to avoid another taskbar menu,
seek and mouseclick.

PC

"Pierre" <cowguy@aol.com> wrote:

>I usually run 12-16 windows open at any one time. Also find the
>quicklaunch toolbar exceedingly useful.
>
>I have yet to find a combination of toolbar settings which allow for
>the open programs taskbar to be 2 or more rows high, and coupled with
>quicklaunch.

I posted a screen shot of my screen at http://zilbandy.com/example.jpg

If this is what you wanted, start by putting your QuickLaunch bar at
the bottom. Then you can pile all the open windows you want on top. I
went three rows high for this example. BTW, all those open windows
made my poor ol' laptop hiccup. LOL

pierre

Zilbandy wrote:
> "Pierre" <cowguy@aol.com> wrote:
>
> >I usually run 12-16 windows open at any one time. Also find the
> >quicklaunch toolbar exceedingly useful.
> >
> >I have yet to find a combination of toolbar settings which allow for
> >the open programs taskbar to be 2 or more rows high, and coupled with
> >quicklaunch.
>
> I posted a screen shot of my screen at http://zilbandy.com/example.jpg
>
> If this is what you wanted, start by putting your QuickLaunch bar at
> the bottom. Then you can pile all the open windows you want on top. I
> went three rows high for this example. BTW, all those open windows
> made my poor ol' laptop hiccup. LOL

Zilbandy, little upsidedown, but does the job. You've just justified
your new laptop purchase. Thanks for sharing.

PC

Pierre, also experiment with the following:

In Zilbandy's screenshot, notice the vertical bar beside the quick launch
icons. That bar can be used to drag the quick launch toolbar to a place
beside your open applications toolbar (my suggestion would be to do this with
only one or two programs running at a time). Then by dragging the vertical
bar beside the application names to the left, it should resize the quick
launch bar and make the icons take up muliple rows.

Best regards,

Jason C. Henley

"Pierre" wrote:

> Zilbandy wrote:
> > "Pierre" <cowguy@aol.com> wrote:
> >
> > >I usually run 12-16 windows open at any one time. Also find the
> > >quicklaunch toolbar exceedingly useful.
> > >
> > >I have yet to find a combination of toolbar settings which allow for
> > >the open programs taskbar to be 2 or more rows high, and coupled with
> > >quicklaunch.
> >
> > I posted a screen shot of my screen at http://zilbandy.com/example.jpg
> >
> > If this is what you wanted, start by putting your QuickLaunch bar at
> > the bottom. Then you can pile all the open windows you want on top. I
> > went three rows high for this example. BTW, all those open windows
> > made my poor ol' laptop hiccup. LOL
>
> Zilbandy, little upsidedown, but does the job. You've just justified
> your new laptop purchase. Thanks for sharing.
>
> PC

pierre

Jason C. Henley wrote:
> Pierre, also experiment with the following:
>
> In Zilbandy's screenshot, notice the vertical bar beside the quick launch
> icons. That bar can be used to drag the quick launch toolbar to a place
> beside your open applications toolbar (my suggestion would be to do this with
> only one or two programs running at a time). Then by dragging the vertical
> bar beside the application names to the left, it should resize the quick
> launch bar and make the icons take up muliple rows.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jason C. Henley

Thats a good way to go at it too. Thanks for the help.

PC

TRENDING THREADS