belkin f5d7000

terry

I am trying to use a belkin wireless network card in conjunction with
the belkin adsl wireless router.

Everything works apart from .. I can only connect to the internet via
the ethernet connection to the router (not the wireless connection).

None the less I am successfully connected to the wireless network I
have set up.

Any sugestions as to where to look. Currently I am getting the router
to assign IP addresses to my ethernet card and wireless card (not
using static ip addresses).

Thanks

terry

terrypabrick@netscape.net (Terry) wrote in message news:<4a1703f0.0405232332.4deccaba@posting.google.com>...
> I am trying to use a belkin wireless network card in conjunction with
> the belkin adsl wireless router.
>
> Everything works apart from .. I can only connect to the internet via
> the ethernet connection to the router (not the wireless connection).
>
> None the less I am successfully connected to the wireless network I
> have set up.
>

> Any sugestions as to where to look. Currently I am getting the router
> to assign IP addresses to my ethernet card and wireless card (not
> using static ip addresses).
>

> Thanks

done some more work and have now found that if i disable security it
all works fine.

with security the wireless card shows that it has connected
sucessfully to my network (used 128 bit WEP then WPA psk) but cannot
access anything.

DHCP does not seem to work when i enable a security mode - anybody
else has similar probs ?

On 24 May 2004 14:51:42 -0700, terrypabrick@netscape.net (Terry)
wrote:

>terrypabrick@netscape.net (Terry) wrote in message news:<4a1703f0.0405232332.4deccaba@posting.google.com>...
>> I am trying to use a belkin wireless network card in conjunction with
>> the belkin adsl wireless router.
>>
>> Everything works apart from .. I can only connect to the internet via
>> the ethernet connection to the router (not the wireless connection).
>>
>> None the less I am successfully connected to the wireless network I
>> have set up.
>>

>> Any sugestions as to where to look. Currently I am getting the router
>> to assign IP addresses to my ethernet card and wireless card (not
>> using static ip addresses).
>>

>> Thanks
>
>done some more work and have now found that if i disable security it
>all works fine.
>
>with security the wireless card shows that it has connected
>sucessfully to my network (used 128 bit WEP then WPA psk) but cannot
>access anything.
>
>DHCP does not seem to work when i enable a security mode - anybody
>else has similar probs ?

Not sure if this will help, but I found that I could not configure the
Belkin Router with Norton Antivirus and Norton Internet Security
enabled. Evidently, they are using scripts to program the router. I
was able to put the information in, but when I clicked to save,
nothing happened and I lost all the stuff I had just entered.

Configuring the individual Belkin cards in the PCs was not a problem,
but I couldn't connect to the router because it wasn't configured the
same.

Belkin Tech support was no help - although, after I discovered the
solution to my problem, I emailed them and suggested they ask about
firewalls and antivirus software running on the machine before getting
into the standard "Did you reboot the PC?" and "Pull the plug on the
router and do a factory reset."

Greg

I have found that the Belkin router needs to be rebooted after making
changes. Although the manual doesn't say this, and the router appears to
take the changes, I couldn't associate an access point with the router until
I rebooted the router.

Ron Bandes, CCNP, CTT+, etc.

"Greg Surratt" <glsurrattt@att.net> wrote in message
> On 24 May 2004 14:51:42 -0700, terrypabrick@netscape.net (Terry)
> wrote:
>
> >terrypabrick@netscape.net (Terry) wrote in message
> >> I am trying to use a belkin wireless network card in conjunction with
> >> the belkin adsl wireless router.
> >>
> >> Everything works apart from .. I can only connect to the internet via
> >> the ethernet connection to the router (not the wireless connection).
> >>
> >> None the less I am successfully connected to the wireless network I
> >> have set up.
> >>

> >> Any sugestions as to where to look. Currently I am getting the router
> >> to assign IP addresses to my ethernet card and wireless card (not
> >> using static ip addresses).
> >>

> >> Thanks
> >
> >done some more work and have now found that if i disable security it
> >all works fine.
> >
> >with security the wireless card shows that it has connected
> >sucessfully to my network (used 128 bit WEP then WPA psk) but cannot
> >access anything.
> >
> >DHCP does not seem to work when i enable a security mode - anybody
> >else has similar probs ?
>
> Not sure if this will help, but I found that I could not configure the
> Belkin Router with Norton Antivirus and Norton Internet Security
> enabled. Evidently, they are using scripts to program the router. I
> was able to put the information in, but when I clicked to save,
> nothing happened and I lost all the stuff I had just entered.
>
> Configuring the individual Belkin cards in the PCs was not a problem,
> but I couldn't connect to the router because it wasn't configured the
> same.
>
> Belkin Tech support was no help - although, after I discovered the
> solution to my problem, I emailed them and suggested they ask about
> firewalls and antivirus software running on the machine before getting
> into the standard "Did you reboot the PC?" and "Pull the plug on the
> router and do a factory reset."
>
> Greg

terry

"Ron Bandes" <RunderscoreBandes @yah00.com> wrote in message news:<oFxsc.43712$cz5.14696995@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>...
> I have found that the Belkin router needs to be rebooted after making
> changes. Although the manual doesn't say this, and the router appears to
> take the changes, I couldn't associate an access point with the router until
> I rebooted the router.
>
> Ron Bandes, CCNP, CTT+, etc.
>
> "Greg Surratt" <glsurrattt@att.net> wrote in message
> > On 24 May 2004 14:51:42 -0700, terrypabrick@netscape.net (Terry)
> > wrote:
> >
> > >terrypabrick@netscape.net (Terry) wrote in message

> > >done some more work and have now found that if i disable security it
> > >all works fine.
> > >
> > >with security the wireless card shows that it has connected
> > >sucessfully to my network (used 128 bit WEP then WPA psk) but cannot
> > >access anything.
> > >
> > >DHCP does not seem to work when i enable a security mode - anybody
> > >else has similar probs ?
> >
> > Not sure if this will help, but I found that I could not configure the
> > Belkin Router with Norton Antivirus and Norton Internet Security
> > enabled. Evidently, they are using scripts to program the router. I
> > was able to put the information in, but when I clicked to save,
> > nothing happened and I lost all the stuff I had just entered.
> >
> > Configuring the individual Belkin cards in the PCs was not a problem,
> > but I couldn't connect to the router because it wasn't configured the
> > same.
> >
> > Belkin Tech support was no help - although, after I discovered the
> > solution to my problem, I emailed them and suggested they ask about
> > firewalls and antivirus software running on the machine before getting
> > into the standard "Did you reboot the PC?" and "Pull the plug on the
> > router and do a factory reset."
> >
> > Greg

Thanks for this Greg,

I uploaded the latest firmware - no effect.

Went back to static IP addresses - no effect.

It just decided to work with WPA late in the evening - when I rebooted
and power clycled everything. I think the firmware fixed a problem
and the reboot caused that to take effect.