Asus AGP-V7700 Deluxe 32 MB Driver

G

Hi Folks,

Interesting issue with Asus AGP-V7700 Deluxe / 32 MB graphics card and driver set. Playing Oni (I haven't tried to reproduce the problem in other games), I encountered an annoying habit of the system to intermittently ignore mouse and keyboard input. For those who have played Oni, you know the game is basically a huge button-masher, and having your key presses and mouse clicks dropped on a random basis becomes very frustrating. I experienced this problem using the nVidia Detonator 3 graphics driver. I uninstalled the nVidia driver and installed the latest Asus driver, and the problem disappeared. I found this very strange, as I was under the impression that nVidia's reference drivers were supposed to provide the better performance. Has anyone else experienced similar problems?

-sean

<A HREF="http://bible.gospelcom.net/cgi-bin/bible?passage=PS+17:7-9" target="_new"> PS 17 </A>

reptilej

Distinguished
May 3, 2001
i was alos under the same impression. i deleted my old asus drivers that came with the card(6.31c i beleive)and installed nvidias drivers. right off the bat i lost 15fps nad saw no improvement whatsoever. the asus drivers work the ebst with this card for performance. and aslo i don't think you can use soem of the neat goodies that coem with the deluxe cards with those detonator drivers. i am stikcing with the asus drivers.

repeat after me, we are all individuals!