How do I add folders to the start menu?

How can I add links like the My Documents link to my start menu for other
folders that I frequent often?

"bazsil,73" <bazsil73@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I add links like the My Documents link to my start menu for other
> folders that I frequent often?

You can only add one folder to the Start Menu under the Run Command,
generally reserved for OEM manufacturers.

Add Folder to Start Menu - Replace MP or MM (Line 2)
This will replace My Musice or My Pictures with a folder of your choosing.

Add a Folder Under the Run Command (Line 180)

[Courtesy of Kelly's Korner]

--
William

Go to your taskbar, right click>properties>Start menu tab>customize>advance.
Scroll down the list and you can add any of those items to your start menu.

"bazsil,73" <bazsil73@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I add links like the My Documents link to my start menu for other
> folders that I frequent often?

I believe I can do the same thing by saving my file into the music folder and
then renaming "My Music" to what I want it called.

I was hoping there was a way to add a file without using up the existing
folders.

Thanks for the help.

> "WTC" wrote:
>
>> "bazsil,73" <bazsil73@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > How can I add links like the My Documents link to my start menu for
>> > other
>> > folders that I frequent often?
>>

>> You can only add one folder to the Start Menu under the Run Command,
>> generally reserved for OEM manufacturers.

>> Add Folder to Start Menu - Replace MP or MM (Line 2)
>> This will replace My Musice or My Pictures with a folder of your
>> choosing.
>>
>> Add a Folder Under the Run Command (Line 180)
>>
>> [Courtesy of Kelly's Korner]
>>
>I believe I can do the same thing by saving my file into the music folder
>and
> then renaming "My Music" to what I want it called.
>
> I was hoping there was a way to add a file without using up the existing
> folders.

Yes you can, I mentioned this in my previous post.

Add a Folder Under the Run Command (Line 180)

You can only add *one* folder on the Start Menu, this is generally reserved
for OEM manufacturers.

--
William

bazsil,73 Wrote:
> How can I add links like the My Documents link to my start menu for
> other
> folders that I frequent often?

Right click on your START button and click on Explore. In the Left
pane, double click on PROGRAMS (right under Start Menu). Now, all you
have to do is copy the MY DOCUMENTS folder or whatever folder you wish
to be added in the Start menu here. Hope this helps.

--
Evolution54

Thanks William!

Once I understood how to use the link on kelly's-corner it was very easy.

I made a new folder for "My Pictures" and then added it below the run
button. I then renamed the "My Pictures" folder and pasted in my folders.
This allowed me to be able use my new folder as a menu and not just a link.

Thanks Again
Dustin

> Thanks William!
>
> Once I understood how to use the link on kelly's-corner it was very easy.
>
> I made a new folder for "My Pictures" and then added it below the run
> button. I then renamed the "My Pictures" folder and pasted in my folders.
> This allowed me to be able use my new folder as a menu and not just a
> link.
>
> Thanks Again
> Dustin

You're welcome Dustin.

--
William

BTW, another one is the "Set Program Access and Defaults". This can be
replaced.

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "bazsil,73" <bazsil73@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
>> "WTC" wrote:
>>
>>> "bazsil,73" <bazsil73@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>

>>> You can only add one folder to the Start Menu under the Run Command,
>>> generally reserved for OEM manufacturers.
>>>
>>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
>>>
>>> Add Folder to Start Menu - Replace MP or MM (Line 2)
>>> This will replace My Musice or My Pictures with a folder of your
>>> choosing.
>>>
>>> Add a Folder Under the Run Command (Line 180)
>>>
>>> [Courtesy of Kelly's Korner]
>>>
>>I believe I can do the same thing by saving my file into the music folder
>>and
>> then renaming "My Music" to what I want it called.
>>
>> I was hoping there was a way to add a file without using up the existing
>> folders.
>
> Yes you can, I mentioned this in my previous post.
>
> Add a Folder Under the Run Command (Line 180)
>
> You can only add *one* folder on the Start Menu, this is generally
> reserved for OEM manufacturers.
>
> --
> William

Hi Ramesh,

Thanks for the tip. Do you know where you would make the necessary changes
in the registry to replace "Set Program Access and Defaults"?

--
William

> BTW, another one is the "Set Program Access and Defaults". This can be
> replaced.
>
> --
> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> "bazsil,73" <bazsil73@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>>>I believe I can do the same thing by saving my file into the music folder
>>>and
>>> then renaming "My Music" to what I want it called.
>>>
>>> I was hoping there was a way to add a file without using up the existing
>>> folders.
>>
>> Yes you can, I mentioned this in my previous post.
>>
>> Add a Folder Under the Run Command (Line 180)
>>
>> You can only add *one* folder on the Start Menu, this is generally
>> reserved for OEM manufacturers.
>>
>> --
>> William

Thank-you Ramesh.