missing windows/system32

August 15, 2005 3:45:54 PM

Hi
when I start windows I get an eror message which is somehting like
missing windows root/ system32/hal.dll
I tried to do a recovery and realized that the windows directiry didn't have
system32 directory. How can I fix this? Shld I simply copy the entire
directory from CD?

thanks
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 12:01:00 AM

That won't work. Try a Repair Install. Check here. Pay very close
attention to Step 3

"Kman" <Kman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> when I start windows I get an eror message which is somehting like
> missing windows root/ system32/hal.dll
> I tried to do a recovery and realized that the windows directiry didn't
> have
> system32 directory. How can I fix this? Shld I simply copy the entire
> directory from CD?
>
> thanks
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 7:44:46 AM

Kman Wrote:
> Hi
> when I start windows I get an eror message which is somehting like
> missing windows root/ system32/hal.dll
> I tried to do a recovery and realized that the windows directiry didn't
> have
> system32 directory. How can I fix this? Shld I simply copy the entire
> directory from CD?
>
> thanks

Found this useful site...give it a try:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_haldll_missing.htm