missing windows/system32

Hi
when I start windows I get an eror message which is somehting like
missing windows root/ system32/hal.dll
I tried to do a recovery and realized that the windows directiry didn't have
system32 directory. How can I fix this? Shld I simply copy the entire
directory from CD?

thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about missing windows system32

    That won't work. Try a Repair Install. Check here. Pay very close
    attention to Step 3

    Kman Wrote:
    > Hi
    > when I start windows I get an eror message which is somehting like
    > missing windows root/ system32/hal.dll
    > I tried to do a recovery and realized that the windows directiry didn't
    > have
    > system32 directory. How can I fix this? Shld I simply copy the entire
    > directory from CD?
    >
    > thanks

    Found this useful site...give it a try:
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_haldll_missing.htm

    --
    Evolution54

Data Recovery Support System32 Microsoft Windows XP