Subject: File Properties/Summary

While working under Windows 2000 Professional SP-4 I added a lot of
information to image files (.jpg, etc.) in the 'File Properties, Summary'
feature that included such items as 'Title', 'Comments', etc. This info would
pop up whenever I hovered my mouse pointer over a file that had been so
annotated and would tell me a lot about the file without actually needing to
open it.

Now, having built a new system using Windows XP Professional SP-2, this
information cannot be seen by the new operating system and it is a very major
setback to me, as that information was created with much effort and to have
it lost is most painful.

There should be a 'patch' that would enable the new OS to read files created
under an older version, and I truly hope that someone will have an answer to
this most vexing issue.

Thanks much,
--
Robert K. MacDowell

Robert,

Why don't you reply to my post in IE6.

Repost
-------

Hi RKM,

This functionality is available in Windows XP as well. You need to enable
the option "Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items" in the
Control Panel Folder Options, View tab.

By default, the following data should be displayed when you hover the mouse
pointer over an image file type:

* Dimensions
* Date Picture taken
* Camera Model
* Type
* Size

Also, note that the EXIF information such as the Camera Model may be lost if
the JPG is modified using an image editor (in case). Secondly, not all the
above information may be displayed when you hover over the *same* file from
a network share.

BTW, this newsgroups is for IE6 support.

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org