Guillemot website?

G

Hey there! Just bought a 3D Prophet 4500 Kyro2 super snazzy video card. Well, in an attempt to download new drivers from their website, before the thing actually ships to my house, I've had nothing but paged cannot be reached screens. This scares me as a consumer, when you cannot even get to their website. I'm trying guillemot.com, and hercules.com, with no luck at all. Do they use a different website in the states, I've been able to get to their German counterpart.

WiseGuy1

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001
Hercules site loads just fine here. Same for guillemot.com
The driver page for your card loads fine on hercules.com as well.

G

Still no luck. I updated to IE6.0. Thought maybe that would change a couple settings, and have that magical "hey! it works now!" effect. Considering it works on your side, I figure their web server is up and running. I still don't know why the German version will load fine though. If you happen to know of any settings I can mess around with, I'd appreciate it. Security controls have had no effect on it. Thanks for helping though!

WiseGuy1

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001
I know this sounds far fetched but have you tried Netscape Navigator. When I was remodeling my kitchen I tried to get on a home improvement site and it wouldn't load in Explorer. I installed Netscape and it worked just fine. Still won't load in Explorer. Worth a try.

G

Well, Netscape is up and running. The pages won't load in it either. In an effort to get info on the DSL we use at the house, at Ameritech.com, I've already noticed page layout errors with Netscape, so I think that one is getting the boot real quick. I'm guessing there might be conflicts with the firewall the DSL service uses. I'll have to see if I can email their support. I hope webmaster@hercules.com will work, I'll just have to guess to see if it gets to them or not for tecnical help. Thanks again for posting!

Red_Zealot

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2001
Try pinging www.hercules.com (type "ping www.hercules.com" at Command Prompt) and see if it works. If it doesn't, thats a firewall problem. If it does, then it could be a firewall, connection, or browser problem.

"If you teach a child to read, then he or her will be able to pass a literacy test" - George W.

G

Thanks for the tip! I pinged myself (127.0.0.1) to make sure things were working correctly, and then I tried pinging hercules.com, but I came up with 4 lost packets. I've emailed Ameritech, our DSL provider, to see if they can fix the error. The webmaster at Hercules has helped a lot on his side, they ran a few tests to make sure their servers were running fine, sounds like a great company!

Shnak

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2001
you'd be better off getting PowerVR's reference drivers instead... that's what I did and my Hercules Kyro2 works like a charm in Windows XP.

www.powervr.com in downloads

ECS K7S5A, TB 1.4GHz, 512MB Crucial DDR, Kyro2, IBM 75GXP, Samsung 950P, Audigy, WinXP