Greetings,

I want to get a list of the "Add/Remove Software" entries from 20 PCs
in a network (server is running Windows Server 2003).

Thought that I could write a batch file to connect remotely to each WS
and copy the contents of the HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current
Version\Uninstall branch to a text file.

I know I can do it by launching regedit, but is there a way to do it
from the command line (since it's a batch file)?.

If you know a different way to do what I want to do, I'd be happy to
read about it :)

Txs a lot in advance for your comments/suggestions!!

Bye

Randy
rcastillo66@hotmail.com

Open a command prompt and type:

REG QUERY /?

Hit Enter.

Do a Ctrl + F for REG QUERY here...
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/reg.mspx

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:1124137988.379645.78740@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
rcastillo66@hotmail.com <rcastillo66@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> Greetings,
>
> I want to get a list of the "Add/Remove Software" entries from 20 PCs
> in a network (server is running Windows Server 2003).
>
> Thought that I could write a batch file to connect remotely to each WS
> and copy the contents of the HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current
> Version\Uninstall branch to a text file.
>
> I know I can do it by launching regedit, but is there a way to do it
> from the command line (since it's a batch file)?.
>
> If you know a different way to do what I want to do, I'd be happy to
> read about it :)
>
> Txs a lot in advance for your comments/suggestions!!
>
> Bye
>
> Randy
> rcastillo66@hotmail.com

Hi Wes,

That's exactly what I needed!. Thank you so much for your assistance!

Best,

Randy.

Randy,

Glad to hear it. Keep having fun. :)