dss

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2001
Just wondering what the consensus is on current PCI cards for gaming. Seems like Elsa's Gladiac 511 32 MB PCI card is the best of the Geforce bunch.....anyone know how it stacks up against an ATI Radeon?

I'm currently running a 16 MB Voodoo 3 PCI, and other than having trouble with 32 bit textures it works fairly well. I've heard that because of the limitations of the PCI bus, upgrading to a 32 MB PCI card doesn't improve performance a heckuva lot. Thoughts on this? Thanks.

TWC

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2001
Your voodoo 3 doesnt support 32 bit color. I had a voodoo 4 wich does support 32 bit, replaced it with the radeon 32 pci. My benchmarks were quite abit better with the radeon ,but the voodoo was better in open gl games. I have to run UT in D3D.

If you harbor my enemy, You are my enemy.

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
my friend had a voodoo3 1000 and that thing supported 32bit color. i saw him set it to 32bit color when i helped him install it.
MAYBE it wasnt supporting it in the games, but i dont know...couldnt really tell the diff on quake3 when he was playing it, and now i cant check back on that because he traded someone that card for bauldar's gate 2...hehe...good trade!

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-