Windows Updates

I have a dial up connection and have in the past had to reformat my HD a
couple of times due to virus infestation. Currently im clean and i want to
know if i can copy the the downloaded updates to a disk for later use if need
be to cut down on the amount of time downloading what i have already
downloaded. If so where can i find these updates on my computer.

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about windows updates

    You can download them from the Catalog and save to be installed later.
    http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/default.asp
    How to Download Windows Updates and Drivers from the Windows Update Catalog
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=323166

    Click Add button for each update you want to download. Once you have what you want,
    Click the “Go To Download Basket� link. Type in or browse to the location where you
    want the updates saved to and then Click the “Download Now� button.
    Once downloaded, you can then burn them to CD.

    Other links which may be of interest:

    Search for a download
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en

    How to install multiple Windows updates or hotfixes with only one reboot
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296861

    "Automatic Updates Downloads Cannot Be Installed on Other Computers"
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283147

    Southern Wolf wrote:
    > I have a dial up connection and have in the past had to reformat my
    > HD a couple of times due to virus infestation. Currently im clean
    > and i want to know if i can copy the the downloaded updates to a disk
    > for later use if need be to cut down on the amount of time
    > downloading what i have already downloaded. If so where can i find
    > these updates on my computer.
    >
    > Thanks

Dial Up Connection Microsoft Windows XP