Windows Updates

August 15, 2005 6:49:03 PM

I have a dial up connection and have in the past had to reformat my HD a
couple of times due to virus infestation. Currently im clean and i want to
know if i can copy the the downloaded updates to a disk for later use if need
be to cut down on the amount of time downloading what i have already
downloaded. If so where can i find these updates on my computer.

Thanks

More about : windows updates

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 12:27:16 AM

You can download them from the Catalog and save to be installed later.
http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/defaul...
How to Download Windows Updates and Drivers from the Windows Update Catalog
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=323166

Click Add button for each update you want to download. Once you have what you want,
Click the “Go To Download Basket� link. Type in or browse to the location where you
want the updates saved to and then Click the “Download Now� button.
Once downloaded, you can then burn them to CD.

Other links which may be of interest:

Search for a download
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displayl...

How to install multiple Windows updates or hotfixes with only one reboot
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296861

"Automatic Updates Downloads Cannot Be Installed on Other Computers"
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283147

!