HP Pavilion DV6810us power problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

superblitz

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013
My sister, gave me her DV6810 to work on because it wasn't turning on properly. I noticed as soon as i started that there was a power issue. Sometimes when i start the computer it will turn right off, other times it will hang on the HP splash screen for a couple minutes before starting Windows, at that point it may/may not turn off on its own even if the laptop was never moved. At one point, the laptop started up to windows, everything was fine, i ran Prime95 for 8 hours and there was no problem, but as soon as i picked it up it turned off.

Originally i thought it was the power connector because it was starting to come apart, but the problem remained. Next, I thought it was the processor over heating, so i changed the Thermal paste, still had the same problem. I had taken out the battery and just let it run off the power supply, yet the problem still remained. I have blown out the fan to make sure it was clean and it seems to be.

The computer is out of warranty so there is no point in calling HP. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.