2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Will mainly sit on my desk; I will carry it on the road from time to time, and back and forth from work to home.
5. How much battery life do you need?
I will typically be near an external power source.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I will not be playing games.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
I am purchasing this computer to run (with ease now and considering future upgrades) an HD animation software called ARAS 360 HD.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
500 GB should be sufficient at minimum.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Other than DELL, I have no experience with other sites, but am open to any site deemed reputable.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
4+ years before I'd have to start looking for a replacement.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD writer will be fine.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I do not have enough knowledge to stay away from certain things nor to prefer certain things; that's what I hope to get here.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
At least 8GB of RAM, as uptodate in terms of speed as possible.
GeForce GT 650M, equivalent, or better.
Intel i5 processor or better.
Decent warranty on all parts, at least one year minimum.
AND anything else this community may think appropriate.
Also, I'd prefer Windows 7 over windows 8.
Thank you in advance for all advice/recommendations.
3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i5-3230M processor (3M Cache, up to 3.2 GHz)
Windows 8, 64-bit, English
17.3" Full High Definition (1080p) LED Display with Anti-Glare
8GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 Memory
750GB 5400 RPM SATA Hard Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M GDDR5 2GB
8X Tray Load CD/DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive)
90 days Premium Phone Support + 1 Year In-Home Service after Remote Diagnosis
48 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Battery
Intel® Centrino® Wireless 2230, 2x2 bgn + Bluetooth
Skullcandy Speakers with WaveMaxx 4.0
Integrated 10/100 Network Card
Backlit Keyboard with Multi-touch Touchpad W8USEBL
Power cord, 125V, 3.2 Feet, US USPWR
Intel® Centrino® Wireless 2230, 2x2 bgn + Bluetooth 2230DRV
NB & DT w/Webcam