ATI Driver Support

texas_techie

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2001
I went to the ATI web site to check for drivers. Ati claimed a few months back they would have regular driver updates. Not only do they not have updates, but you cant even download drivers from their website. They want to mail you an installation CD.
The Radeon 8500 hasnt been out too long so I am not too worried about drivers update. However, it concerns me they didnt even bother to set up a server for Radeon owners to get drivers.
Am I being too picky? Spoiled by Nvidia drivers? or what..

PortVale

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The Radeon drivers are easily available on the ATI website. I access the site from the UK with no problem. Click on the technical support link on the home page, then drivers.
However, I do agree with you in that drivers aren't updated as often as I think they should. I have a Radeon 32MB DDR and thae latest official drivers are dated March 2001, with the beta dated May 2001. If you are looking at the Radeon 7200, the drivers for the 32MB DDR will work.

G

Go <A HREF="http://support.ati.com/drivers/index.html?parent=0&folder=66&doc=53" target="_new">here</A> for drivers.

TRENDING THREADS