GeForce2 MX 200 Wont load

warbelsnap

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2001
I just tried to install a new GeForce2 MX 200 on my Abit BX6 (original not Rev. 2). Followed the directions on the CD and hand booklet that came with the card. Now my system will only boot into soft mode, Win 98 says that some of the drivers werent loaded on initial boot up. Ive checked in control panel under system and nothing shows up as conflicting. The card shows up under graphics controllers but has no asterix by it showing any possible problems. Here is a descript of my system. Abit BX6 (original), 300 celery oc'ed to 450, 128 meg of pc100 sdram from micron. Also Ive noticed on boot up that during memory checking instead of the quick counting off of memory bits now it seems slower, still fast but definetly slower. The CD-rom is not recognized will in soft menu but I have heard that some items wont be recognized while in soft menu. Please help, do not know enough about Troubleshooting to fix this problem. One more thing the box says supports 2X/4X AGP. Cant remember if this old ABit BX6 has 1X or 2X.

Thanks

Warb-the-Snapped

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Try removing the card in Device manager and let Windows redetect it. If it detects it as a GeForce2 MX your on your way, if it detects it as a standard PCI compatable display adapter your having driver installation problems.

Back to you Tom...

warbelsnap

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2001
Have tried removing it from Device manager, system. Windows has detected it as a Nvidia GF 2 MX. But on every restart windows comes back with a error and boots into safe mode because of drivers not being installed. Ive checked system display and under settings (???) I can only go up tp 16 color. No higher, I can go down to 2 color but not up past 16 color. And thanks Crashman for answering both of my post about this problem. I figured one way or anothewr Id get some kind of answer.

Warb-the-Snapped

G

Remove all your cards(pci, isa etc.) and install VGA cards first.
I think if you are using a win 9x(including me) operating system, it will detect your vga card correctly.
After all this done, if you are in trouble, send a e-mail to manufacturer.
It's all I can help.