Sun Java is Slow

August 15, 2005 11:21:03 PM

I recently installed J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 4, and it's really
slow to load it. It takes at least 10 seconds to even open the Java control
panel and it takes me 50 seconds to load a java desktop game. The MSVM only
took 7 seconds to load a game (from clicking the shortcut and finish loading
it). Not only that, loading the java takes a lot of my PC's resources.

How can I make the Sun Java run faster?

More about : sun java slow

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 3:08:20 AM

"Dan" wrote:
>I recently installed J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 4, and it's really
> slow to load it. It takes at least 10 seconds to even open the Java control
> panel and it takes me 50 seconds to load a java desktop game. The MSVM only
> took 7 seconds to load a game (from clicking the shortcut and finish loading
> it). Not only that, loading the java takes a lot of my PC's resources.
>
> How can I make the Sun Java run faster?

First, post your question in a NG having "java" in its name.
Microsoft (bless its black little heart) takes no responsibility
for how *Sun's* Java works on its operating systems.

*TimDaniels*
!