System Restore to like new

How can I use system restore to bring it back to what it was like when I
first received it? Or is there a way to do this?? Please help and thanks!
2 answers Last reply
More about system restore

    Is this a name brand computer, like Dell - Gateway - HP - Compaq? If so,
    they all give you a way and the necessary tools (CD's -Hidden partitions
    etc) to do so. Look at your instruction manual.

    If it is a white box made by someone local and has a retail or OEM copy of
    Windows installed, not likely - unless you only started using it a week or
    two ago.

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban
    Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

    Quote from: George Ankner
    "If you knew as much as you think you know,

    "Regina" <Regina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How can I use system restore to bring it back to what it was like when I
    > first received it? Or is there a way to do this?? Please help and
    > thanks!

    Sorry, it is a Dell Inspiron 2350 Laptop. Having some issues and unstable
    and it won't read the disk in the cd rom so I thought I would try to restore
    to the new setting. I thought there was a way to just do a system restore
    like new or something. Thanks!!!

    "Richard Urban [MVP]" wrote:

    > Is this a name brand computer, like Dell - Gateway - HP - Compaq? If so,
    > they all give you a way and the necessary tools (CD's -Hidden partitions
    > etc) to do so. Look at your instruction manual.
    >
    > If it is a white box made by someone local and has a retail or OEM copy of
    > Windows installed, not likely - unless you only started using it a week or
    > two ago.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Richard Urban
    > Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > Quote from: George Ankner
    > "If you knew as much as you think you know,
    >
    > "Regina" <Regina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > How can I use system restore to bring it back to what it was like when I
    > > first received it? Or is there a way to do this?? Please help and
    > > thanks!

Support Microsoft System Restore Windows XP