flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Hi,
I just got my new GF3 (RMAed previous one), and decided to try the Tv-Out. I turned on my tv, set it to Video, and went under device selection and clicked Tv. The settings were NTSC-m (for US), and composite, since the input was composite. The TV just flickered for a few seconds, and nothing happened. How can I fix this? What is wrong w/ teh vid card?

U got a problem?! Then dial 1800-328-7448!

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
start the computer with the tv plugged in...i think that you have to do that for the tv out to work...
i never tried it your way on my geforce2 pro with tv out...
i just moved my computer to the tv, and plugged in the svideo cable to the tv and the computer, then i turned on the tv, and put it to video 1, and then i turned on the comptuer, when it finished booting up, i switched to the tv-out, and bam, tv monitor...hehe
the only problem i had was that there was black bars on the sides, but i think that there is a post in here about a software fix that let you get rid of that.
also, dont try and use the tv as a monitor for reading stuff unless you want to go blind...
text on a normal tv is REALLY blurry...
unless........you have a high definition tv...
then maybe it will be fine..
but i have yet to see, or know someone who has used a computer on a high definition tv, i am sure someone has, but they sure havent let me know how good it is!
good luck

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-