Sorry for the wrong group but have not been able to find any answers
elsewhere:

I am having trouble getting a Win 2000 installation on a fast computer (3.1
Mhz) to implement USB 2 at high speed (480 mbs) connection using an USB2
extender; comes up using SiSoft as only 12mbps, the same cable extender on
my machine XP2 with all updates comes up and performs at 480mbps! The
chipset in the cable is a Genysys logic (0605). Is there a special update
or technique to achieve 480mbps throughput for a Win2000 install? All Win
2000 updates are installed including SP4

Many thanks

USB 2.0 is only officially supported in XP by Intel and Microsoft. Some
hardware manufacturer "may" publish their own USB 2.0.

"Netmask" <netmask56NoFleas@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Sorry for the wrong group but have not been able to find any answers
> elsewhere:
>
> I am having trouble getting a Win 2000 installation on a fast computer
> (3.1
> Mhz) to implement USB 2 at high speed (480 mbs) connection using an USB2
> extender; comes up using SiSoft as only 12mbps, the same cable extender on
> my machine XP2 with all updates comes up and performs at 480mbps! The
> chipset in the cable is a Genysys logic (0605). Is there a special update
> or technique to achieve 480mbps throughput for a Win2000 install? All Win
> 2000 updates are installed including SP4
>
> Many thanks

Many thanks I will now try to encourage my friend to update to XP,
unfortunately the 'moths' are in firm control of his purse!!

> USB 2.0 is only officially supported in XP by Intel and Microsoft. Some
> hardware manufacturer "may" publish their own USB 2.0.
>

> "Netmask" <netmask56NoFleas@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Sorry for the wrong group but have not been able to find any answers
>> elsewhere:
>>
>> I am having trouble getting a Win 2000 installation on a fast computer
>> (3.1
>> Mhz) to implement USB 2 at high speed (480 mbs) connection using an USB2
>> extender; comes up using SiSoft as only 12mbps, the same cable extender
>> on my machine XP2 with all updates comes up and performs at 480mbps! The
>> chipset in the cable is a Genysys logic (0605). Is there a special
>> update
>> or technique to achieve 480mbps throughput for a Win2000 install? All Win
>> 2000 updates are installed including SP4
>>
>> Many thanks

Extenders are specifically forbidden in the USB spec. While they might work
in low speed or full speed, they are almost certainly going to fail in high
speed.

Marc Reinig
System Solutions