Win XP Pro with SP2

I just bought a new laptop which came with XP Home Edition. I bought a new
copy of XP Pro edition OEM. After the full installation of XP, some
installations does nto run. For example, I click on setup.exe and answer the
necessary questions. Then the setup stay there forever. I open Task
Manager, and it say "Running" The hard drive does not lights up. Has
anybody seens this problem?

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Quextions about an OEM version of XP are to be answered by the vendor of the
OEM disk. Only they know what differences there are between a retail CD and
their OEM CD.

"ItzMeMarcio" <mgtakahashi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just bought a new laptop which came with XP Home Edition. I bought a new
> copy of XP Pro edition OEM. After the full installation of XP, some
> installations does nto run. For example, I click on setup.exe and answer
> the
> necessary questions. Then the setup stay there forever. I open Task
> Manager, and it say "Running" The hard drive does not lights up. Has
> anybody seens this problem?

sorry. i meant a retail cd. I bought at best buy.

"Jerry" wrote:

> Quextions about an OEM version of XP are to be answered by the vendor of the
> OEM disk. Only they know what differences there are between a retail CD and
> their OEM CD.
>
> "ItzMeMarcio" <mgtakahashi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I just bought a new laptop which came with XP Home Edition. I bought a new
> > copy of XP Pro edition OEM. After the full installation of XP, some
> > installations does nto run. For example, I click on setup.exe and answer
> > the
> > necessary questions. Then the setup stay there forever. I open Task
> > Manager, and it say "Running" The hard drive does not lights up. Has
> > anybody seens this problem?

Just to "clarify": Retail versions of XP come in a nice box. OEM versions
are just cellophane-wrapped. Which type do you have?

If you did a "full" installation of XP Pro, to replace the existing XP Home,
you need to download and install all the correct hardware drivers needed for
you laptop. XP Pro comes with limited drivers.