MSI GX60 Built-in Webcam not Detected, no drivers available!

My new MSI GX60 is supposed to have a 720p webcam built in, but Skype, Windows Movie Maker and Cyberlink Youcam 5 all say there is no webcam. I am really bummed out that the webcam isn't detected, I tried installing windows 7 too and seeing if it would work there, but no luck. Please help! The MSI website also has no drivers available saying they are integrated.
Reply to jambear
9 answers Last reply
More about gx60 built webcam detected drivers available
  1. Well you could ask the customer service on there and they'll give you some input.
    Reply to pete123edgar
  2. LOL @ MSI there hopeless

get the hardware id/string and look on the web for that (VID_XXXX&PID_XXXX)
    Reply to apache_lives
  3. I had the same problem. Look on the F6 key, there is a picture of a webcam. Fn+F6 turns it back on.
    Reply to Belgarion37
  4. Belgarion37 said:
    I had the same problem. Look on the F6 key, there is a picture of a webcam. Fn+F6 turns it back on.

Thank you! I have been looking everywhere for the solution and couldn't find anything! This was so simple...
    Reply to Joe_157
  5. Belgarion37 said:
    I had the same problem. Look on the F6 key, there is a picture of a webcam. Fn+F6 turns it back on.

that worked for me too haha ty so much
    Reply to Woojung
  6. jambear said:
    My new MSI GX60 is supposed to have a 720p webcam built in, but Skype, Windows Movie Maker and Cyberlink Youcam 5 all say there is no webcam. I am really bummed out that the webcam isn't detected, I tried installing windows 7 too and seeing if it would work there, but no luck. Please help! The MSI website also has no drivers available saying they are integrated.

I have similar problem with my MSI PE60 6QE there are no imaging device nor camera in the device manager. any more..windows 10 upgrade wiped them out cant find a fix nor drivers to repair /replace missing drivers or built in software...is big headache when family wants to video cam on skype, fb messenger, or google...
    Reply to Kathie-romaine
  7. Thanks for the "FN" Key + F6 key combo worked for me.
    Reply to StaticBalls
  8. Belgarion37 said:

thank you so much! i try install driver and read many method but just need Fn+F6
    Reply to iprovn
  9. lololol, so funny,
    it works for me too, just need Fn+F6
    Reply to andromeda.safrian
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Webcams Windows Movie Maker Laptops MSI-Microstar