MSI GX60 Built-in Webcam not Detected, no drivers available!

My new MSI GX60 is supposed to have a 720p webcam built in, but Skype, Windows Movie Maker and Cyberlink Youcam 5 all say there is no webcam. I am really bummed out that the webcam isn't detected, I tried installing windows 7 too and seeing if it would work there, but no luck. Please help! The MSI website also has no drivers available saying they are integrated.
9 answers Last reply
More about gx60 built webcam detected drivers available
  1. Well you could ask the customer service on there and they'll give you some input.
  2. LOL @ MSI there hopeless

get the hardware id/string and look on the web for that (VID_XXXX&PID_XXXX)
  3. I had the same problem. Look on the F6 key, there is a picture of a webcam. Fn+F6 turns it back on.
  4. Belgarion37 said:
    I had the same problem. Look on the F6 key, there is a picture of a webcam. Fn+F6 turns it back on.

Thank you! I have been looking everywhere for the solution and couldn't find anything! This was so simple...
  5. Belgarion37 said:
    I had the same problem. Look on the F6 key, there is a picture of a webcam. Fn+F6 turns it back on.

that worked for me too haha ty so much
  6. jambear said:
    My new MSI GX60 is supposed to have a 720p webcam built in, but Skype, Windows Movie Maker and Cyberlink Youcam 5 all say there is no webcam. I am really bummed out that the webcam isn't detected, I tried installing windows 7 too and seeing if it would work there, but no luck. Please help! The MSI website also has no drivers available saying they are integrated.

I have similar problem with my MSI PE60 6QE there are no imaging device nor camera in the device manager. any more..windows 10 upgrade wiped them out cant find a fix nor drivers to repair /replace missing drivers or built in software...is big headache when family wants to video cam on skype, fb messenger, or google...
  7. Thanks for the "FN" Key + F6 key combo worked for me.
  8. Belgarion37 said:

thank you so much! i try install driver and read many method but just need Fn+F6
  9. lololol, so funny,
    it works for me too, just need Fn+F6
Ask a new question

Read More

Webcams Windows Movie Maker Laptops MSI-Microstar