Geforce3 on Soltek SL75KAV problem

G

I have tried 2 different brand GF3 cards on my setup. Both of them has really poor performance on my macine, but perfoms perfectly on my brothers pc.
I get around 4000 score in 3dmark 2000 with Det. 21.81. And the Nature test in 2001 runs around 10 fps!!
I actually seem to get a liiiittle better performance with Detonator 3 drivers, not much but a little.

My setup is as follows:
Fresh Win98 SE with all newest motherboard drivers and Dx8(just formatted)
Soltek SL75KAV (via KT133 chipset)
Atlon T-Bird 950Mhz
256MB 133 memory
SB Live!
IBM harddrives
Plextor Burner

What could be the reason for my poor performance? Everything tells me that it's my motherboard together with the GF3 chipset (my old GF2 ran fine on it). But this Soltek board is prette widely used and I can't find no other posts about similar problems anywhere on the Net.

Plz. Anyone?

/Blaznee

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Uninstall, the 4-in-1 drivers then reinstall the latest. You can use the same program to do both. To uninstall you will see individual uninstall options for each of the drivers. After you uninstall you will be prompted to reboot the system. After you do this you just run the program again to do the clean installation of the 4-in-1 drivers. Besure to select "turbo mode" when installing the AGP driver.

<b>We are all beta testers!</b>

G

I have the same problem with my SOYO Dragon Plus board and I have a Geforce2 Ti. WTF is going on programmers and software validators really need to get their heads out their asses and make some compatible(compotent) drivers. This trial and error bull$#it has to end!!!!

also Microsoft needs to quit FVcking around with the legality BS and pull out some psychic friends and ensure all drivers work with their OS before thy are relased!!

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by OVRCLKR on 12/13/01 06:04 PM.</EM></FONT></P>