Adding a drive to Dell Optiplex GX270

Have a Optiplex GX270 with a 120 gig Seagate Barracuda EID ATA 100
drive and want to add another Seagate Barracuda. I looked at the
existing drive and in addition to the internal power cable, it has a
blue 2 wire cable connected from the drive to the edge of the mother
board. It looks like lamp cord with a slip on connection on both ends.

In looking at the various suppliers of Seagate drives including Dell, I
see no mention of this Blue wire which looks to be power. What is it
and where can I get another one.

Hate to call Dell because of the interminal delay.

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about adding drive dell optiplex gx270

    If the cable is on the pins just left of the
    power connector and right of the data connector,
    it sounds like a misplaced audio
    cable from a cd drive. Those pins are for
    master, slave, cable select.

    "butch burton" <spacetrax@wi.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Have a Optiplex GX270 with a 120 gig Seagate Barracuda EID ATA 100
    > drive and want to add another Seagate Barracuda. I looked at the
    > existing drive and in addition to the internal power cable, it has a
    > blue 2 wire cable connected from the drive to the edge of the mother
    > board. It looks like lamp cord with a slip on connection on both
    > ends.
    >
    > In looking at the various suppliers of Seagate drives including Dell,
    > see no mention of this Blue wire which looks to be power. What is it
    > and where can I get another one.
    >
    > Hate to call Dell because of the interminal delay.
    >
    > Thanks

Dell Optiplex Seagate Computers