Sign in with
Your question

NO POST!

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
July 19, 2010 3:20:02 PM

System consists of asus M4A785TD-M EVO , PHENOM 2 945 , COOLMASTER 700W SILENT AND 6GB ON SAMSUNG DDR3 1333 OEM (FROM A CANABALIZED SYSTEM). System powers-up , but does not post. According to the beep codes , it is a failiure of 64k of memory. Now , i have 4 memory sticks (2/2gb , 2/1bg) and after trying each one individualy , none of them allow the system to post. Now , i can see one stick going bad but all four? Anyway, if this is not uncommon please let me know before i go and replace all of the ram. Any other advise would be appreciated.

manny

More about : post

a b $ Windows 7
July 19, 2010 3:37:23 PM

"The first 64K of memory is tested with walking bit patterns. Failure is normally due to the first bank of ram or a data line"
If it's not the ram it indicates the mobo is the problem.

I recomend you update bios first:
http://support.asus.com.tw/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?m...
You have 3 to choose from depending on your processor.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 19, 2010 8:10:51 PM

Is it possible that is is something wrong with the board itself or the DIMM's. I dont think he will be able to flash the BIOS without being able to POST. I would contact ASUS
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
July 19, 2010 8:15:49 PM

Correct no post no bios.
m
l
July 19, 2010 8:35:58 PM

first : clear the cmos
second : try again each of them, make sure to hear the 2 "clip" sound from the dimm so the dimm is correctly inserted
IF POST
run memtest+ on each of them.
IF NO POST
I was able to post with a faulty ram tho so it might be your motherboard. RMA your motherboard.
m
l
July 19, 2010 8:37:27 PM

check if your 4 pin / 8 pin cpu cable is correctly inserted. Also check the 20+4 pins. Some motherboards looks like they have a 4 pin but there is a cap on the other 4, make sure to remove it and connect the 8 pins cable.
m
l
July 19, 2010 8:38:18 PM

What's I'd do last would be try to remove your graphic card(if you have one) it might be the card causing the problem.

Good luck and keep us informed of your tests
m
l
!