Group Policy - Client / Server "power struggle"!

August 16, 2005 10:15:01 AM

Hi,

I have recently applied a GP to my XP SP2 clients from Server 2003. Upon
logging on to a client machine the Start Menu>Programs displays not only the
company standard menu which I specified using Group Policy, but the contents
of the All Users Start Menu on the local machine as well.

For example, I have got MS Office applications x 2, Internet Explorer x 2
etc. It is just sitting alongside my companies standard Start Menu where I
would have expected company menu to take precedence over the 'All Users'
built-in Start Menu.

I presume it is just a tick box somewhere but I am having real problem
locating this in GP Object Editor !!!!

If you have any suggestions, please share them !
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 1:26:14 PM

Please visit the experts in the Group Policy newsgroup

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

!