Group Policy - Client / Server "power struggle"!

Hi,

I have recently applied a GP to my XP SP2 clients from Server 2003. Upon
logging on to a client machine the Start Menu>Programs displays not only the
company standard menu which I specified using Group Policy, but the contents
of the All Users Start Menu on the local machine as well.

For example, I have got MS Office applications x 2, Internet Explorer x 2
etc. It is just sitting alongside my companies standard Start Menu where I
would have expected company menu to take precedence over the 'All Users'
built-in Start Menu.

I presume it is just a tick box somewhere but I am having real problem
locating this in GP Object Editor !!!!

If you have any suggestions, please share them !
1 answer Last reply
More about group policy client server power struggle

    Please visit the experts in the Group Policy newsgroup

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "M_Hood" wrote:

    | Hi,
    |
    | I have recently applied a GP to my XP SP2 clients from Server 2003. Upon
    | logging on to a client machine the Start Menu>Programs displays not only the
    | company standard menu which I specified using Group Policy, but the contents
    | of the All Users Start Menu on the local machine as well.
    |
    | For example, I have got MS Office applications x 2, Internet Explorer x 2
    | etc. It is just sitting alongside my companies standard Start Menu where I
    | would have expected company menu to take precedence over the 'All Users'
    | built-in Start Menu.
    |
    | I presume it is just a tick box somewhere but I am having real problem
    | locating this in GP Object Editor !!!!
    |
    | If you have any suggestions, please share them !

Policy Start Menu Servers Windows XP