new HDD and Ghost 2003?

I posted on 5/25 and got some great advice, and did a HDD update with an
image created on an external firewire drive. Everything went great, took
about 30 min. to go from an 80GB to a 120GB HDD.

The question; I had to reactivate MSOffice and PhotoshopCS2, No problem, but
was
wondering where, how, or what is written on the original drive that did not
get transferred with the image?

Not a bid deal, just curious.

Bob
2 answers Last reply
More about ghost 2003

    Software wise, nothing changed. Hardware wise, it is a different hard drive.
    It is the slightly different hardware configuration that prompted the need
    to reactivate. I imagine that a hard drive swap or a MBD swap would be the
    two most common reasons the software would ask to be reactivated.

    "Leanin' Cedar" <Nospam@nospam.org> wrote in message
    >I posted on 5/25 and got some great advice, and did a HDD update with an
    > image created on an external firewire drive. Everything went great, took
    > about 30 min. to go from an 80GB to a 120GB HDD.
    >
    > The question; I had to reactivate MSOffice and PhotoshopCS2, No problem,
    > but was
    > wondering where, how, or what is written on the original drive that did
    > not
    > get transferred with the image?
    >
    > Not a bid deal, just curious.
    >
    > Bob

    Forget about that aspect of it. I am surprised I have not needed to
    reactivate windows with all of the hard drives internal and external, pci
    cards, usb hubs etc. that I have added to this PC.
    Bob
    Dimension 4300

    "Tweek" <shawnwingetNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Software wise, nothing changed. Hardware wise, it is a different hard
    > drive. It is the slightly different hardware configuration that prompted
    > the need to reactivate. I imagine that a hard drive swap or a MBD swap
    > would be the two most common reasons the software would ask to be
    > reactivated.
    >
    > "Leanin' Cedar" <Nospam@nospam.org> wrote in message
    >>I posted on 5/25 and got some great advice, and did a HDD update with an
    >> image created on an external firewire drive. Everything went great, took
    >> about 30 min. to go from an 80GB to a 120GB HDD.
    >>
    >> The question; I had to reactivate MSOffice and PhotoshopCS2, No problem,
    >> but was
    >> wondering where, how, or what is written on the original drive that did
    >> not
    >> get transferred with the image?
    >>
    >> Not a bid deal, just curious.
    >>
    >> Bob