new HDD and Ghost 2003?

Last response: in Computer Brands
June 9, 2005 1:25:24 AM

I posted on 5/25 and got some great advice, and did a HDD update with an
image created on an external firewire drive. Everything went great, took
about 30 min. to go from an 80GB to a 120GB HDD.

The question; I had to reactivate MSOffice and PhotoshopCS2, No problem, but
was
wondering where, how, or what is written on the original drive that did not
get transferred with the image?

Not a bid deal, just curious.

Bob

More about : hdd ghost 2003

Anonymous
June 9, 2005 3:38:03 AM

Software wise, nothing changed. Hardware wise, it is a different hard drive.
It is the slightly different hardware configuration that prompted the need
to reactivate. I imagine that a hard drive swap or a MBD swap would be the
two most common reasons the software would ask to be reactivated.

"Leanin' Cedar" <Nospam@nospam.org> wrote in message
>I posted on 5/25 and got some great advice, and did a HDD update with an
> image created on an external firewire drive. Everything went great, took
> about 30 min. to go from an 80GB to a 120GB HDD.
>
> The question; I had to reactivate MSOffice and PhotoshopCS2, No problem,
> but was
> wondering where, how, or what is written on the original drive that did
> not
> get transferred with the image?
>
> Not a bid deal, just curious.
>
> Bob

Anonymous
June 9, 2005 4:03:23 AM

Forget about that aspect of it. I am surprised I have not needed to
reactivate windows with all of the hard drives internal and external, pci
cards, usb hubs etc. that I have added to this PC.
Bob
Dimension 4300

!