Error message when trying to open works suite 2003 spreads..

I created and have been using a spreadsheet in works suite 2003 for the last
seven months. I tried to open it up to input information, half hour later
instead of spreadsheet opening, a box with words to the effect of end task
now appeared. I clicked on end task and another box appeared one after
another with the same message. The computer would not turn off , I eventually
took out the battery to stop the power. The following day I tried to open my
file again only to a message box entited "wksss.exe-application error" with
the message inside, "the application failed to initialise properly
(0x0000006)." Click on ok to terminatethe application". I can no longer open
any spreadsheet file in works suite 2003. Is there any way of ever being able
to get to these files.
2 answers Last reply
More about error message open works suite 2003 spreads

    Usually by removing and re-installing Works, you should be able to fix the
    application errors. This should not erase you speadsheet files.

    "suzi" <suzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I created and have been using a spreadsheet in works suite 2003 for the
    >last
    > seven months. I tried to open it up to input information, half hour later
    > instead of spreadsheet opening, a box with words to the effect of end task
    > now appeared. I clicked on end task and another box appeared one after
    > another with the same message. The computer would not turn off , I
    > eventually
    > took out the battery to stop the power. The following day I tried to open
    > my
    > file again only to a message box entited "wksss.exe-application error"
    > with
    > the message inside, "the application failed to initialise properly
    > (0x0000006)." Click on ok to terminatethe application". I can no longer
    > open
    > any spreadsheet file in works suite 2003. Is there any way of ever being
    > able
    > to get to these files.

    Thank you for your help. I took your advice and now have access to my
    spreadsheets again. Many thanks.

    "Yves Leclerc" wrote:

    > Usually by removing and re-installing Works, you should be able to fix the
    > application errors. This should not erase you speadsheet files.
    >

    > "suzi" <suzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I created and have been using a spreadsheet in works suite 2003 for the
    > >last
    > > seven months. I tried to open it up to input information, half hour later
    > > instead of spreadsheet opening, a box with words to the effect of end task
    > > now appeared. I clicked on end task and another box appeared one after
    > > another with the same message. The computer would not turn off , I
    > > eventually
    > > took out the battery to stop the power. The following day I tried to open
    > > my
    > > file again only to a message box entited "wksss.exe-application error"
    > > with
    > > the message inside, "the application failed to initialise properly
    > > (0x0000006)." Click on ok to terminatethe application". I can no longer
    > > open
    > > any spreadsheet file in works suite 2003. Is there any way of ever being
    > > able
    > > to get to these files.

Spreadsheet Error Message Windows XP