desktop icons graphics corrupted

Recently I had a graphics card go bad on me. The entire screen started
showing bars with lines in them. I changed the graphics card (same model)
and everything is back to normal. Except that some of the desktop shortcuts
still have lines. Could the icons have gotten corrupted by the bad graphics
card? It's only a small thing, but annoying. Is there a way to fix them?

Icons can not have changes stored in them without a "save" being done. Have
you tried replacing your monitor? It might not only be your graphics card
that was causing your problem.