So I have been looking around for laptops since i'm going to college in the fall. I want a gaming laptop that is very portable.
1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
A good one
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
WoW (high), SWTOR (High), GW2 (High), LoL (High)
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
College tasks such as writing papers and such. I'm going to engineering school so it may need to run AutoCAD. Also possible some music production software.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
I listen to alot of music so maybe 1 tb, and maybe a separate SSD drive.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
tigerdirect, newegg, xoticpc, avadirect.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3-6 years
As long as I can
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Just dvd rom. Blu ray is a plus but not necessary.
I would like a bluray but consider that a low priority.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I like apple but i dont think it will be practical with me wanting to game. I like ASUS but they are to bulky for me to buy for college. I am open to most all brands as long as it looks nice
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
i want it to have an i7 at least 2gb of video memory and at least 8gb of ram.
Check out this website. The link I'm giving is their top 10 reviews desktop replacement laptops. $2000 should work for a couple of them. Plus, that website and this one is a good place to start figuring out what brands/builds people like.