SPORDER.dll Missing?

August 16, 2005 3:50:08 PM

Everytime I Logon, using my laptop, it comes up with an error message
claiming that a (named) application cannot run because a file called
SPORDER.dll is missing. I have no idea what this file is, and how to stop the
problem occuring. Also, right after this started happening, I lost access to
the internet via IE, by any chance, does this "SPORDER.dll" file have
anything to do with internet access? If anyone has any solutions, please
reply back to this post, or feel free to email me at zo-e@hotmail.com
Thanks alot
-Zoe.

More about : sporder dll missing

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 3:50:09 PM

"Zoe" <Zoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Everytime I Logon, using my laptop, it comes up with an error message
> claiming that a (named) application cannot run because a file called
> SPORDER.dll is missing. I have no idea what this file is, and how to stop
> the
> problem occuring. Also, right after this started happening, I lost access
> the internet via IE, by any chance, does this "SPORDER.dll" file have
> anything to do with internet access? If anyone has any solutions, please
> reply back to this post, or feel free to email me at zo-e@hotmail.com
> Thanks alot
> -Zoe.'

Your security practices are lacking, and your computer has become infected
with a trojan. Suggest you
buy and install a reputable antivirus program and keep it updated. In
addition, you need to verify that you have a firewall running.

One other comment; You posted your email address in a Usenet newsgroup.
There are programs that constantly scan the Usenet servers harvesting email
addresses. You will soon learn why having your email address exposed is a
bad thing. I suggest you *IMMEDIATELY* take the steps to secure your
computer and also immediately change your email address, as the one you
posted will now be bombarded with malware.

After you have done everything above, take some time and educate yourself on
basic home computer security practices. These include installing AV and
firewall, keeping Windows updated, running spyware and anti-spam utilities
on a regular basis, and having the knowledge of basic security in as far as
not posting personal information (email address, etc) anywhere on the
internet.

Bobby
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 7:22:27 PM

"Trojan.Riler is a backdoor Trojan horse program...and allows a remote
attacker to have unauthorized access to an infected computer."
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data...

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"Zoe" <Zoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Everytime I Logon, using my laptop, it comes up with an error message
> claiming that a (named) application cannot run because a file called
> SPORDER.dll is missing. I have no idea what this file is, and how to stop
the
> problem occuring. Also, right after this started happening, I lost access
> the internet via IE, by any chance, does this "SPORDER.dll" file have
> anything to do with internet access? If anyone has any solutions, please
> reply back to this post, or feel free to email me at zo-e@hotmail.com
> Thanks alot
> -Zoe.
August 16, 2005 11:29:34 PM

Download, install, update and run all of the following.

Ad-Aware
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/aawsepersonal.exe

Spybot search and destroy
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/spybotsd14.exe

Ewido Security Suite Trial version

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)

a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to this group so that
I can analyze it.Ignore anyone who tells you to post it elsewhere. I need to
see it not them.

HijackThis

"Zoe" <Zoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Everytime I Logon, using my laptop, it comes up with an error message
> claiming that a (named) application cannot run because a file called
> SPORDER.dll is missing. I have no idea what this file is, and how to stop
> the
> problem occuring. Also, right after this started happening, I lost access
> the internet via IE, by any chance, does this "SPORDER.dll" file have
> anything to do with internet access? If anyone has any solutions, please
> reply back to this post, or feel free to email me at zo-e@hotmail.com
> Thanks alot
> -Zoe.
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 2:39:16 PM

SPORDER.dll is used to view the TCP/IP protocol stack. It is a favorite
target of spywares and can be deleted my anti-spywares checks, anti-virus
checks, spywares and viruses.

!