Need easy-to-use program for creating websites

As mentioned in another question, I need to design and maintain a website to
show and sell my wife's artwork. It will be as simple as I can make it, very
clean and straightforward, consisting of text and photos of the work for sale
and a method of ordering and paying. So I'm essentially looking for a
program without a lot of bells and whistles--a program that will make the
whole process as easy as possible for me. I'm a very senior citizen and
although I can slowly make my way around in this business, I'm not much of a
computer whiz.

Any suggestions?
--
Thanks, Don
6 answers Last reply

    Thank you Dr. C. Joseph . . . You've confirmed what I just heard from
    another source. I'll probably use it.
    --
    Cheers, Don

    "Dr. C.Joseph Drayton, Ph.D. AS&T" wrote:

    I don't know where in the world you are but here in the UK many ISPs provide
    easy to use website building software for their customers.

    E.g. Wanadoo
    (http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/communicate/sitebuilder/?linkfrom=Today&link=communicate1_link3&article=TODcommunicate)
    you will see it says you can build a website with easy to use with no
    previous experience needed.

    It may be that your ISP provides the same service?

    Noel

    Thanks for the suggestion Noel. I'm in Alberta, Canada. I checked with my
    provider and they provide free webpage space but no website building
    instructions.
    Not a problem. I'll probably wind up going with Front Page if I can't find
    anything easier and simpler.
    --
    Cheers, Don

    "Noel S Pamfree" wrote:

    > I don't know where in the world you are but here in the UK many ISPs provide
    > easy to use website building software for their customers.
    >
    > E.g. Wanadoo
    > (http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/communicate/sitebuilder/?linkfrom=Today&link=communicate1_link3&article=TODcommunicate)
    > you will see it says you can build a website with easy to use with no
    > previous experience needed.
    >
    > It may be that your ISP provides the same service?
    >
    > Noel

    Hello, Don.

    I represent a group of high-skilled freelance web-developers, who can
    help you by creating a website and deploying it in the Internet. Our
    fees are $5-$7 per working hour.

    It looks like you need an online storefront with easy-to-use content
    management system, and I will gladly prepare and send to you a detailed
    description of this project with costs estimation.

    Best regards,
    Eugene.

    Thanks again for all the suggestions. I'll consider them all.
    --
    Cheers, Don

    "Eugene" wrote:

    > Hello, Don.
    >
    > I represent a group of high-skilled freelance web-developers, who can
    > help you by creating a website and deploying it in the Internet. Our
    > fees are $5-$7 per working hour.
    >
    > It looks like you need an online storefront with easy-to-use content
    > management system, and I will gladly prepare and send to you a detailed
    > description of this project with costs estimation.
    >
    > Best regards,
    > Eugene.

Microsoft Windows XP