I have an ongoing problem with with my new laptop with any active window I'm
in becoming inactive at random times. I have followed suggestions posted
here and have implimented spyware. I have also tried disabling various
applications such as Norton Anti-Virus Auto Protect and Attune (from
Earthlink, I think) that may have an ongoing process. This is very
disconcerning as I write for part of my living and my 60 WPM typing is
severely disrupted by my having to place the cursor and click in my window to
re-activate it every few minutes. I see that others have had this problem so
there must be some answer out there somewhere.
I am running XPpro with MSOffice2000 Premium. I also have Earthlink Total
Access 2005, Corel Draw 10 and Norton SystemWorks installed on the laptop but
that's it so far.
Any help very much appreciated!!!
Gary D

Replying to myself, here...I notice, (when I'm quick enough) that the
hourglass cursor flashes as the window becomes inactive which tells me that
XP or another application is doing "something". Now, if we could just figure
out what that something is and why it's doing it...

PLEASE HELP!!!

"GaryD" wrote:

> I have an ongoing problem with with my new laptop with any active window I'm
> in becoming inactive at random times. I have followed suggestions posted
> here and have implimented spyware. I have also tried disabling various
> applications such as Norton Anti-Virus Auto Protect and Attune (from
> Earthlink, I think) that may have an ongoing process. This is very
> disconcerning as I write for part of my living and my 60 WPM typing is
> severely disrupted by my having to place the cursor and click in my window to
> re-activate it every few minutes. I see that others have had this problem so
> there must be some answer out there somewhere.
> I am running XPpro with MSOffice2000 Premium. I also have Earthlink Total
> Access 2005, Corel Draw 10 and Norton SystemWorks installed on the laptop but
> that's it so far.
> Any help very much appreciated!!!
> Gary D

Check in Scheduled Tasks in Control Panel and see if something is running
every few minutes.

"GaryD" <GaryD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Replying to myself, here...I notice, (when I'm quick enough) that the
> hourglass cursor flashes as the window becomes inactive which tells me
> that
> XP or another application is doing "something". Now, if we could just
> figure
> out what that something is and why it's doing it...
>
> PLEASE HELP!!!
>
> "GaryD" wrote:
>
>> I have an ongoing problem with with my new laptop with any active window
>> I'm
>> in becoming inactive at random times. I have followed suggestions posted
>> here and have implimented spyware. I have also tried disabling various
>> applications such as Norton Anti-Virus Auto Protect and Attune (from
>> Earthlink, I think) that may have an ongoing process. This is very
>> disconcerning as I write for part of my living and my 60 WPM typing is
>> severely disrupted by my having to place the cursor and click in my
>> window to
>> re-activate it every few minutes. I see that others have had this
>> problem so
>> there must be some answer out there somewhere.
>> I am running XPpro with MSOffice2000 Premium. I also have Earthlink
>> Total
>> Access 2005, Corel Draw 10 and Norton SystemWorks installed on the laptop
>> but
>> that's it so far.
>> Any help very much appreciated!!!
>> Gary D

I have also had the same problem, and I came across your note while
trying to solve my problem. I also have Earthlink Total Access running
on my PC. I do not have the problem if I close Earthlink Total Access.
Hope this helps

--
tonrac

TRENDING THREADS