1. What is your budget? $1200 max (if it's samsung i'm willing to pay more)
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 13.3 - 15.6 in
3. What screen resolution do you want? 1600/1920 preferred, but 1366 is ok too
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? desktop replacement, but it can't be over 5.5 lbs
5. How much battery life do you need? 5+ hours, the more the better
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? yes, medium/heavy (will play runescape flyff, cabal, LoL, bf3, cod, and the elder scrolls series)
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) possibly video editing, but mainly school work/gaming
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 320 gb+ 7200 rpm hard drive is majorly preferred or 256gb ssd
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. any as long as they're reliable
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 2-4 years, until better hardware comes out
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? any, blu ray is always preferred kuz it's blu ray, but not necessary
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. absolutely no toshiba, and i've looked at sony, they dont' have what i'm looking for
13. What country do you live in? USA
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. graphcis card can be amd or nvidia, as long as it can handle the games i play its fine. ***** brand reliability has a higher priority over price ***** backlit keyboard is highly preferred as well.
so far the one that looks to be what fits my preferences is the lenovo y580.