0x00000024 Blue Screen Help Please

I get this mentioned error message. I have read several articles and ideas
from this forum, all with no luck. I have tried to Repair from the Windows
cd, I have tried to start WIndows in Safe Mode, I have tried to go back to
the "Last Good Configuration", I have tried everything I can think of to no
avail. This error message keeps coming up. I have noticed that when I do
power up the PC after this message, both cd drives (reader and burner) flash
quickly before it goes down again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about 0x00000024 blue screen please

    Possible answer = guessing you have xp, if on start up you get bsod (blue
    screen of death) and guessing when you say "it goes down again" you mean it
    shuts down or it restarst, you can try the following... Using your CD use
    your Recovery Console and do a fixmbr!!! Use your CD for XP, start up,
    select "R" for repair then select "C" for Recovery Console.. follow
    instructions and enter password... if no password leave blank and press
    enter, now type the following ..... fixmbr ..... type "y" to begin and once
    its done you should be able to start up normaly.....

    This should help you boot up again... A back up of your system and files
    would be a good idea....
    --
    Thank You!!! hope this helps I know your question helped me..

    "David" wrote:

    > I get this mentioned error message. I have read several articles and ideas
    > from this forum, all with no luck. I have tried to Repair from the Windows
    > cd, I have tried to start WIndows in Safe Mode, I have tried to go back to
    > the "Last Good Configuration", I have tried everything I can think of to no
    > avail. This error message keeps coming up. I have noticed that when I do
    > power up the PC after this message, both cd drives (reader and burner) flash
    > quickly before it goes down again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    > Thanks.

    I guess I wasn't as clear as I thought I was. I tried booting with the XP cd
    and selected R as you said. Problem is, as soon as the pc tried to initiate
    the Recovery Console, the BSOD came up again. In fact, to be (hopefully)
    perfectly clear, everything I tried resulted in the BSOD. Any other
    suggestions, ideas?
    Thank you again for your attention.

    "Eagle Strike 6bat" wrote:

    > Possible answer = guessing you have xp, if on start up you get bsod (blue
    > screen of death) and guessing when you say "it goes down again" you mean it
    > shuts down or it restarst, you can try the following... Using your CD use
    > your Recovery Console and do a fixmbr!!! Use your CD for XP, start up,
    > select "R" for repair then select "C" for Recovery Console.. follow
    > instructions and enter password... if no password leave blank and press
    > enter, now type the following ..... fixmbr ..... type "y" to begin and once
    > its done you should be able to start up normaly.....
    >
    > This should help you boot up again... A back up of your system and files
    > would be a good idea....
    > --
    > Thank You!!! hope this helps I know your question helped me..
    >

    > "David" wrote:
    >
    > > I get this mentioned error message. I have read several articles and ideas
    > > from this forum, all with no luck. I have tried to Repair from the Windows
    > > cd, I have tried to start WIndows in Safe Mode, I have tried to go back to
    > > the "Last Good Configuration", I have tried everything I can think of to no
    > > avail. This error message keeps coming up. I have noticed that when I do
    > > power up the PC after this message, both cd drives (reader and burner) flash
    > > quickly before it goes down again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    > > Thanks.

    Maybe something here will help..
    http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic5352.html

    "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I get this mentioned error message. I have read several articles and ideas
    >from this forum, all with no luck. I have tried to Repair from the Windows
    >cd, I have tried to start WIndows in Safe Mode, I have tried to go back to
    >the "Last Good Configuration", I have tried everything I can think of to no
    >avail. This error message keeps coming up. I have noticed that when I do
    >power up the PC after this message, both cd drives (reader and burner) flash
    >quickly before it goes down again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >Thanks.

    See MVP Jim Eshelman's web page for STOP errors at
    http://www.aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm and click on the "24: NTFS File
    System" link in the left side column.

    In one of your responses you said that when you tried to boot to the
    Windows XP Recovery Console you got the same "blue screen" error
    message. That would be highly unusual.

    In any event, if your computer has a 3.5 diskette drive then go to
    http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=310994 and follow the instructions
    to create a set of boot diskettes. Use these diskettes to boot the
    problem computer and when it stops at the A:\> prompt enter the
    following command:

    CHKDSK C: /R

    If your computer does not have a 3.5 inch diskette drive then create a
    bootable CD per the instructions at http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/ and
    boot the problem computer with that. When it has finished booting
    open a command prompt window and enter the command:

    CHKDSK C: /R

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --