GARRETT: why *NOT* do an rss feed from pricelessware dot o..

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games,alt.freeware (More info?)

with all the "buzz" about rss newsfeeds - why not add an rss feed to the
pricelessware websites to notify of updates, files now shareware or no
longer supported, etc. ? the news items can be pulled directly from
acf.....

obviously someone would be the point person in pulling the info out of acf
or something (verifying links and stuff); maybe once a week thing ?

i think suzanne is pissed 'cause she didn't think of it first.

--
Woodzy

http://www.rtdos.com (alt OS for games based on the classics)
http://u.webring.com/hub?ring=thecluecluedoweb ( fans of mysteries,
thrillers, and sci fi )

Garrett

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2003

*ProteanThread* wrote:
> with all the "buzz" about rss newsfeeds - why not add an rss feed to the
> pricelessware websites to notify of updates, files now shareware or no
> longer supported, etc. ? the news items can be pulled directly from
> acf.....

Doesn't sound like a bad idea.

What does everyone else think?

> obviously someone would be the point person in pulling the info out of acf
> or something (verifying links and stuff); maybe once a week thing ?

There's enough people around who basically already do that and post it
to ACF, so it would be kind of nice to have it centralized so that
everyone and websites could easily be notified.

> i think suzanne is pissed 'cause she didn't think of it first.

I doubt that, if anything, she is happy that someone brought it up.

-Garrett

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

"Susan Bugher" <whoisebugher@kvi.net> wrote in message

> The OP and my reply:
>
> <quote (top posting corrected)> (cross posing back in acf "DISCUSSION")

<SNIP>

So snappy.

"*ProteanThread*" <rtdos@rtdos.com> wrote in message news:<D46dnYh4CoVPQ_bcRVn-ug@bresnan.com>...
> with all the "buzz" about rss newsfeeds - why not add an rss feed to the
> pricelessware websites to notify of updates, files now shareware or no
> longer supported, etc. /snip/

I just discovered that the beta version of alt.comp.freeware, itself,
does have its own RSS feed. Right now the beta is about a day behind,
but usually posts appear in real time. Check it out.
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.comp.freeware/feed/msgs.xml

"Michael Eoff" <me@dodgeit.com> wrote in message
> "*ProteanThread*" <rtdos@rtdos.com> wrote in message
>> with all the "buzz" about rss newsfeeds - why not add an rss feed to the
>> pricelessware websites to notify of updates, files now shareware or no
>> longer supported, etc. /snip/
>
> I just discovered that the beta version of alt.comp.freeware, itself,
> does have its own RSS feed. Right now the beta is about a day behind,
> but usually posts appear in real time. Check it out.
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.comp.freeware/feed/msgs.xml

now that is cool. hope this helps garret.

Garrett

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.discussion,alt.comp.freeware.games,alt.freeware (More info?)

* ProteanThread * wrote:
[snip]
> sure fooled me. look at her replies to my OP and her replies to
> others who followed up on said subject. sounds like she was on the
> rag or was having hot flashes when she replied; so snappy.

Sorry, I try to avoid the Drama threads these days.

-Garrett